Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Another Za Thread...

Options
My bride @HuskerMaMa and I are constantly trying new things to broaden our culinary palate.  Decided to make a dish made famous in the windy city. Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company Pizza Pot Pie.  
Although Saturday's loss in OT to the Badgers stung a little bit I proceeded as planned and picked up 1.5# Wisconsin Brick Cheese.
Made the sauce Saturday and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.  Sunday I simmered it for about a hour or so.  The sauce was basically a thick basil bruschetta base with cubed brisket point and some bacon renderings.
Preheat egg to indirect 450℉ with PS & stone.
5" Ramekins and butter the inside of each liberally. Start with layers upon layers of cheese.  Top with clean and destemed mushrooms.  

Next add sauce to create a small mound. Brush EVOO on the outside of the ramekin.

Drape the dough over and in a circular motion press against the sides of the ramekin so it secures right below the cheese.  I used my sourdough pizza dough on these.

These took about 30-45 minutes.

Carefully remove and gently turn out each one onto a plate or bowl.

Thanks for looking.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments