Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you like your nuts???

Options
2»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Fellows I have several pounds of both goat and hog testicles soaking out in ice water. Is there any particular way that anyone would like to see them prepped and cooked? I will be more than glad to cook them anyway that anyone would like to see them done. If not, I will simply shave them and deep fry them. 
    May even deep fry and smoke a few at brisket camp. Any requests?

I would love to take some off your hands but I have no idea how to fill out the customs documents. Swine jewels? Goatnads? Porker beans? I'm just over in Birmingham if we can figure this out.
    I have never shipped meat out of the country so I don't know what's involved. However I will look into it and see if it's practical. If it is, I can literally cover you with nuts. I will gladly ship you all that want brother Little. 
    How many nuts to cover @Little Steven
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    @littlesteven doesn't eat them, but he likes to roll them around in his mouth 

that, or have a pair of them vigorously banging into his chin
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

That's pretty damn funny right there.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Oh my...... Maybe I should not send him any in that case. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I did some sheep nuts awhile back. Smoked them, then sliced and fried. They had all the consistency of a chicken McNugget and none of the flavor. My advice: lots of hot sauce!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I hate chicken McNuggets. Tate like goat balls.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Help me out with the customs forms folks. Pearls of swine, Ram-alama ding dongs, Pig pong balls?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Stress relieving squeeze balls
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Help me out with the customs forms folks. Pearls of swine, Ram-alama ding dongs, Pig pong balls?
    Spherical objects of ecstasy 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Lowball Lefty and his right hand man who lives uptown.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lightly rubbed... =)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,848
    Options
    DMW said:

Ben Wa Balls.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    SGH  these can stay in dixie =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Options
     :o  :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    SGH said:
    might be good slingshot ammo at a presidential debate =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    A couple of these nuts would require a catapult to throw them. One set came off of a 450 pound hog. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    A couple of these nuts would require a catapult to throw them. One set came off of a 450 pound hog. 
    Wow that's nuts!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    DMW said:
    You're very poetic when it comes to balls.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    One high and one low, both right where they are. Hopefully not trampled by the buffalo.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Who is Dixie? And is she pretty?
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Fun fact: hi/low keeps them from banging into each other like a Newton's Cradle. 

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    A kinda old school way to anesthetize a boar for castration is to inject pentothal directly into the testicles and wait until the hog gets sleepy and then go to work. Removing the nuts removes the source of anesthesia and the animal wakes up quickly. Works well, but it's not fun being the guy who injects a 500 pound boar's nuts.
    I also wouldn't recommend eating the anesthesia laden mountain oysters, either.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I also wouldn't recommend eating the anesthesia laden mountain oysters, either.
    Many years ago we had a friend who accidentally did that very thing. He just want thinking. He couldn't get off of the couch for hours.  

Status- Standing by.