Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paws for our Independence....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I  Thought Maddie would've surely moved to the ATL by now. 
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I absolutely love dogs.  They are amazing animals.  Me personally, I'm a dachshund man, but I love all dogs.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I  Thought Maddie would've surely moved to the ATL by now. 
    Well Maddie sent @bgebrent a fathers day message and had high expectations. Stuck in Cola for now. Tehy are a match made in heaven though. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Beautiful pair of MBFs there Robin. You can drop them up here anytime. We love dogs, and it is kind of funny, whenever our neighbor's dog runs away he comes to our house. I will be finding another Golden soon.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Beautiful pair of MBFs there Robin. You can drop them up here anytime. We love dogs, and it is kind of funny, whenever our neighbor's dog runs away he comes to our house. I will be finding another Golden soon.
    Sounds like Maddie has a potential home. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    My buddy had similar attire on this weekend. Showing his national pride with his nose in the air following the scent of the Big Green Egg. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Heck, for a moment there I thought you were finally paying homage to the real "Paw".  LOL
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Heck, for a moment there I thought you were finally paying homage to the real "Paw".  LOL
    Smokin, God one. You should no better though. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @YukonRon a golden is our next one as well. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I have had Goldens for years. My last,  I had to put down, a couple years ago, just before Christmas. She was the best, ever. I have not had either the heart or courage to replace her.
    She trained me well, LOL!
    Best of luck, my friend. Amazing creatures, if you have never been owned by one, you will understand why so many do.
    Try to find one bread outside the USA if you can. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @YukonRon why outside the USA??
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Maddie will be heartbroken....and had planned to make the trip over on Saturday.

• YukonRon
    Options
    @Jeremiah
    We were told by our Vet, years ago, there are health issues that are genetically inherent in the Goldens bred in the USA, due to years of interbreeding within the current population. The Goldens in the USA are still wonderful pets, but they supposedly do not live as long. My experience may back up this information. Our first, was a local, and she lived 9 years. My second I brought in from the UK, lived to 15.
    I contacted a local pet shop at the time, and they had the resourses to find me a pup. 
    You may wish to check with your local vet, to see if the advise is still applicable.  
    I am of resonable intelligence, yet I am gullible. I trust people and tend to listen to those of which I think knows more than me. In this case it was a Vet, which with the timing, was immediately after having to have my first put down. She had some sort of Cancer that was common in the USA population, that is not found as a genetic trait in those from the UK, as I had explained to me.
    When the cancer showed up it was two weeks, then we decided to let her go, she deteriorated so fast, there was no cure.
    It was a more expensive investment at the time, $2500.00+ USD compared to the local going rate of around $300.00, but the pup was much healthier and also did not suffer from the hip issues, typical to Goldens around here.
    I have not had the heart to replace my last one as of yet. I think when I do, I will go the European route again.
    Either way, you will not find a more loyal, loving, smart pet. They are active and love to play. They are retreivers, water dogs with webbed toes, so get ready to throw, tug, run, swim and have a lot of fun. You will love them.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @YukonRon thanks.  I'll definetly look into that. From the little research I've done, all the issues seem to be the hips, and finding a breeder that can prove no issues though the bloodline. @northGAcock go ahead and bring maddie Saturday. Just drop her off in Lexington on your way.  =)