Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Cen-Tex. A 38.3 pound monster in the making.

Options

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Here's a spy shot of #9

Thought that was #2?
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    So how goes it Scottie??
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I will gladly donate the time and the miles. I can probably sell it without an equal value item for her, but I always want the client to know what the absolute worst case scenario is. We can always walk away and come back for another attempt. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Just started the conversation !
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    What would be the on the hoof weight of the animal that came from?
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Jstroke
    Options
    I have to admit, I would like to know this as well. I have ideas but breed will also play a big part. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Perspective...Wow.  Wonder how much, if any shrinkage will occur...Regardless that will be a lot of big meals.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2016
    Options
    XC242 said:
    What would be the on the hoof weight of the animal that came from?
    Weight 1600#

breed: 100% Japanese wagyu
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    #sizematters
    Jacksonville FL
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Wow, 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Standing by 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Been awhile since we got an update. @SGH did you go and get drunk and naked?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    That is crazy !  I just put a 16 pounder on my large and had to prop it up in the middle with a foil wrapped brick.  And it is still a tight squeeze, although it is shrinking down.  Good luck- looks great !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He's been texting me a little about it. He's had to babysit this thing all day because it felt ready at 135 internal. He's watching it like an eagle. I'm sure it's done now but he's had a long day on the pit. Can't wait to see how this thing turns out
  • DMW
    Options
    He's been texting me a little about it. He's had to babysit this thing all day because it felt ready at 135 internal. He's watching it like an eagle. I'm sure it's done now but he's had a long day on the pit. Can't wait to see how this thing turns out
    Wow, feeling good at 135*?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    135, are his fingers numb?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He said it jiggled like jello at 135. I kid you not. He's been nervous as a hooker in church over it all day. Says he's never seen anything like it.  
  • EggDan
    EggDan Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm at a loss for words right now. I feel
    that I am looking at something that cannot be real.  That is an absolute beauty. Can't wait for some more pics!
  • piperpilot
    piperpilot Posts: 26
    Options
    Pretty awesome...following...can't wait for pics.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Oh WOW this is awesome, can't wait, more pics please. Not of @SGH nekkid, just the brisket please
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    Brother D, never seen anything like it. At 135 it honest to God jiggled like jello. Had you been here and not known the internal temp and went by feel alone, you would have swore that it was done. At 135 it felt like a SRF Gold feels in the mid 180's. While I certainly knew that at 135 there was no way that it could be done, it sure felt like it. Had me scratching my head for a few minutes for sure. At 175 internal the brisket felt like a big pile of goo. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Brother D, never seen anything like it. At 135 it honest to God jiggled like jello. Had you been here and not known the internal temp and went by feel alone, you would have swore that it was done. At 135 it felt like a SRF Gold feels in the mid 180's. While I certainly knew that at 135 there was no way that it could be done, it sure felt like it. Had me scratching my head for a few minutes for sure. At 175 internal the brisket felt like a big pile of goo. 
    Scottie, wish I would have been there, that would have been something to see and feel.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Oh. My. God. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Oh. My. God. 
    Tex, it's the best feeling brisket that I have ever felt. Even the thin end of the flat is jello. If it tastes as good as it feels, it's a slam dunk. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Oh. My. God. 
    Tex, it's the best feeling brisket that I have ever felt. Even the thin end of the flat is jello. If it tastes as good as it feels, it's a slam dunk. 
    When are you eating this thing?
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Beautiful! When is it getting sliced?
    Snellville, GA

• DMW
    Options
    Well, that monster certainly delivered the goods. Now when do we see shots of the cooker?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    Probably around 11:00oclock tomorrow. Going to wrap it really heavy and let it settle in. Tex you remember that low number I said I might pull it at? Well I did. It should be fine for a long hold. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Probably around 11:00oclock tomorrow. Going to wrap it really heavy and let it settle in. Tex you remember that low number I said I might pull it at? Well I did. It should be fine for a long hold. 
    Time for a visit to that cooler you have stocked up.