Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Bug-a-Salt question

Options
2»

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Can I use it to season my steak?
    It uses table salt and kosher salt is best on steak, so it's not ideal.

It's great for fries and popcorn, though.
    NOLA
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    thanks to this thread a buddy and I went in on the two camo ones
    Boom
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

JethroVA said:
    i've only had my 2.0 version for a few months. I find i need to be within 2ft for a fly kill.  3ft is a knock down with a second kill shot.  I use cheap table salt. my college aged son and his buddies have enjoyed using it to sneak up behind one another and shooting them in any exposed skin.  Definitely not recommended.  

That's the fun part. incapacitate them then pump action for another kill shot. You feeling lucky punk?

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    RRP said:
    odie91 said:
    PSA..... on sale for $39 right now
    Where? Amazon is still wanting $55.
    http://bugasalt.com

I bought the two pack for $72. Free shipping. 

This is me on the deck...

Awesome.

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.

[Billy Clanton draws a knife]

Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here's one of the main reasons I bought one. While we are not bothered by flies so much we are plagued with that destructive emerald ash borer that has infested many parts of the country. I have a large ash tree that will eventually need to be removed and my next door neighbor's huge one bit the dust last year. While I'm not so naive to think I can do much to eradicate the swarms I will get some satisfaction killing what ones I can. They have fairly good eyesight like a fly and are fast. Also I'm not sure if salt will damage their hard shell back, but the salt should do collateral damage to their head, antennas and legs so my foot stomp can finish them off!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    Oh, boy...I ordered one today while stone sober...should I be worried? 
    Ron, you know that I'm dying to say it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    Oh, boy...I ordered one today while stone sober...should I be worried? 
    Ron, you know that I'm dying to say it ;)
    Scottie, and I bet you know deep down what I'm dying to say too.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Darn, that thing is more expensive than I anticipated.

I do have the electricized tennis racket that Harbour Freight sells on sale for $1.99.  It works when you can hit a fly in mid-flight, it's either harder than it looks or I'm just slow (shaddap, I know the answer to that).
    It does work great on paper wasps, which every year love to play SimCity in my carport.  :angry:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    I'm your huckleberry

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Got mine a year and three mos ago.  Bug a salt 2.   No issues
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Got a bug-a-salt for Father's Day. This thing is a hoot! What's the bag limit? Oh, and if you just wing one, is it still ok to say you "peppered" it?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • RRP
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mine arrived last week and I have yet to find a fly or any other bug to shoot! I'd tell you this though...it serves up a mighty fine spray pattern on tree leaves making them lacy-like so I know it will do significant collateral damage if not kill most insects!