Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a few Chicken Wings, I figgered

Options
Sardonicus
Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
edited March 2016 in EggHead Forum
Just a few chicken wings to go with the mashed potatoes left over from Thursday, is all.
That was The Plan.

However, This Guy . . .

So, unexpectedly . . . found these Beef Back Ribs on sale:

Now, I know that somma you purists
think that beef ribs should never be marinated.

Whatever.

These beefers soaked overnight.

Plus, I found these in the downstairs freezer . . .

So, now . . .

Beef Back Ribs go first.

I over-salted the beef ribs a bit . . .
 . . . not accustomed to using that tiny little salt grinder.

It's too small for my hands.

Mo' GIFs, Mo' Pics

It must be good
if this guy approves
[of anything, this year]!

;) 
 :| 
 :D 
 B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,283
    Options
    Nice work all around.  I appreciate the amount of work that went into this cook/post combo!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    Nice work all around.  I appreciate the amount of work that went into this cook/post combo!

Thanks, JIC.
    It ain't work if you're watching basketball while you're doing it.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    Very nice cook and great post!

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,728
    Options
    Funny shjt!

I've used that Stubbs beef marinade and really liked it - I used it on some tri tips last summer and was surprised how much flavor it added.

Great looking grub.

Not a felon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hey @Sardonicus, what is your means of indirect? Looks like a spider or woo and drip pan? Round stones? How do you like the AR, extender, and sliding D grid set up? Anything you would change? 

Food looks fabulous of course. How did the ten buddies enjoy all that grub?  I tend to over do it as well. Heck why not, right? Great post too. Just cool. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,566
    Options
    Great food there... And entertaining!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,119
    Options
    Always enjoy your flashy posts
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,859
    Options
    Banquet right there and great documentation.  Skill-set way above mine.  Well done.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Sardonicus  :clap: :clap: 
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,646
    Options
    Just plain awesome as always.. Nothing more to be said.. Made my day.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey @Sardonicus, what is your means of indirect? Looks like a spider or woo and drip pan? Round stones? How do you like the AR, extender, and sliding D grid set up? Anything you would change? 

Food looks fabulous of course. How did the ten buddies enjoy all that grub?  I tend to over do it as well. Heck why not, right? Great post too. Just cool. 
    @PGPrescott
    What you see is a foil-wrapped disposable 13" pan sitting on a Woo-borne platesetter.  We got the Woo and its grill extender because we already had the platesetter.  Works fine for us, though I'm sure we'd have chosen the AR otherwise.

@All , Thanks for the attaboys!
     :) 

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Good write up. The food looks awesome too. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    Yeah buddy. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,283
    Options
    @Sardonicus - meant to ask you, aside from being a bit too salty, how was the flavor on those beef ribs?  Would you do that marinade again?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Great looking cook and nice post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Sardonicus - meant to ask you, aside from being a bit too salty, how was the flavor on those beef ribs?  Would you do that marinade again?
    @JohnInCarolina - The flavor was good despite the over-salting.  After the fact, it occurred to me that the addition of salt & steak seasoning was redundant.  
    My excuse(s): I did so of habit, ignoring that the marinade contained those same elements.  And it was dark outside.  And I was off my meds.

That said - although we did like it with the Stubbs marinade and will use that and other marinades again, our preference still is for the basic salt & pepper seasoning.  Little gran garlic, too.

Nonetheless, we'll continue to try different approaches.  Life's too short to always prepare stuff the same way.

In fact, I've yet to follow through on my heretical thoughts of experimenting with the saucing of beef ribs.

So far, I have not committed the sin of saucing Beef Ribs
    because I figure,

Why risk it?
     :s