Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mitt

Options
Sardonicus
Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
Mitt absolutely killed it.
He ripped The Donald [and Clinton] a new one.  
(He even slipped in a subtle ' Monica' reminder.)

He calmy dismantled Trump - point by point, fact by fact.  

Why didn't Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, and the media do that months ago, I wonder . . .
Why do Trump voters need the obvious pointed out to them, I wonder . . .

:| 
 B) 

(
Don't blame the Bait, blame the Clicker.)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Yeah, Mittens would be the right messenger . . . if there were an "Establishment Lane" in the party anymore.  

What happens when the remaining establishment types pull the nomination from The Donald at the convention??  Now that's going to be entertaining!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw41BDhI_K8

Happy Early Friday, Y'all!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Watched mittens live since I'm home with strep and in pain anyway.  Yeah, everything he said about trump is true, but half of what he said was the pot calling the kettle black.  I had to wipe the hypocracy off my flatscreen.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Also, this:

. . .

I didn't know her show had already started.
    That was both on point AND funny. 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Also, this:

. . .

I didn't know her show had already started.
    That was both on point AND funny. 

Turns out that ol' "elections have consequences" runs both left and right.  

Sam Bee is an absolute killer.  Too bad she's buried doing a weekly gig on TBS rather than running The Daily Show.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Everyone can say what they want about Trump and attack him however they want but his polls keep rising. Media despises him, GOP hates him, Hollywood doesn't know what to do with him. Most people are sick of this sheet and want something else. Trump is their guy
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

HendersonTRKing said:  Sam Bee is an absolute killer.  Too bad she's buried doing a weekly gig on TBS rather than running The Daily Show.  

(dang, the formatting on this forum has a mind of its own!)

Thanks for the TBS hint, I need to start recording that.  :triumph: 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm not a Trump guy and I've never been thrilled about Romney either.  In 2012, Trump the brilliant businessman and economic genius endorsed Romney.  Romney gushed how great Trump is.  It's amazing how stupid Trump got in four years.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Money in politics does that.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    was hoping to never hear from that liberal bastard again =) mitt stay home. theres noway he agrees with cruz so he must be backing the bern
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Mitt lost the election, big time.....what makes him think anybody gives a crap about what he has to say or that he could possibly win again?

BTW, not anti anti-Romney guy either.  I always defended the whole Bain thing when people would bring it up.  I worked for a company that went through several ownership changes during my tenure......Bain was like Uncle Sugar when they took over.  Us worker bees got all kinds of new stuff, better benefits, more money, etc.  Really took us out of yesteryear and made us look the like the billion dollar company we quickly had become.
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mitt lost the election, big time.....what makes him think anybody gives a crap about what he has to say or that he could possibly win again?

BTW, not anti anti-Romney guy either.  . . .
    So . . . no comment about what Romney said today, only Romney's past?
    Is the source really always more important than the facts of the message?

Okay, that's cool.   :)
    'merica!
     B) 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Anytime a republican non-candidate  bashes a republican candidate, it's big news.  Anytime a democrat non-candidate (except Slick Willie) bashes a democrat candidate, H3ll has frozen over.  It just doesn't happen.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Saying you are against the establishment so you are voting Trump is like saying you don't like broccoli so you'll take a big steaming bowl of dog $hit.  

You don't know for sure what it tastes like, but how bad could it be? =)

Bon appetit. 
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options

Damn, @Spaightlabs .  That was simultaneously eloquently and humorously put!
     :) 
     :| 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Chickens are returning to roost

the GOP courted an outsider and angry voter base the past few elections, to bolster the more traditional conservatives, and now that angry voter base has taken over the reins. 

Be interesting to see what happens (obviously)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options

A person so untrustworthy and dishonest...must not become president.

Sooooo, you ok with Trump based on this criteria?
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2016
    Options

The secret to his campaign's success:

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Intersection of money and politics is ok when it is the Bushes, doe

Jimmy Carter is about the only politician who wasn't or isn't corrupted in some way. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Which party is dead set against regulating lobbyists, campaign finance reform, special interest group money, dark money, etc (all the things that corrupt politics)? 
    Options
    Which party is dead set against regulating lobbyists, campaign finance reform, special interest group money, dark money, etc (all the things that corrupt politics)? 
    Both.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    And buffalo in 3,2....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    And buffalo in 3,2....
    Oh give me a home....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options

A person so untrustworthy and dishonest...must not become president.

Sooooo, you ok with Trump based on this criteria?
    more ok with trump than hillary. for me its like eating liver or dog **** =) not that i think trump deserves to win but i dont like what the party is doing to screw up the peoples nomination of a candidate, making sure the individuals vote doesnt count
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

BTW, not anti anti-Romney guy either.  . . .
    So . . . no comment about what Romney said today, only Romney's past?
    No, not really.....I didn't read it.  I'm really puzzled when I see the news nowadays.  Everything is, "Here's what [some no name actress] tweeted about [candidate]".  "Here's what SNL, Late Show, etc made to make fun of so-in-so and how they reacted."  Print the friggin news.....people's reactions to other [attention hungry] people's statements is not news. 

I really don't give a crap what some says about someone else--it's their interpretation of what they think are the facts.  It's more of a way that the news organizations can print opinion--they're sharing someone else's opinion and calling it news.  I'm smart enough to form my own opinion based off my educated interpretation.  If I'm not, then I might go to a source that I can trust (which would not be the media or another politician).

The American people showed in 2012 they did not like, want, nor value, Mitt Romney's opinion or vision.  He's been out of the picture for four years.  But now, all he had to do to get back in the lime light was bash one guy who he used to adore and it's headlines and being discussed everywhere......even on a friggin BBQ forum.  Don't you think that's questionable how or why that happens??? 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I'm writing down all these ass hats that SAY they're moving to Canada IF Trump wins.  

IF he does win, I'm going to Twitter and asking they in Canada yet?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options

On Hillary Clinton’s watch at the State Department, America’s interests were diminished in every corner of the world. She compromised our national secrets, dissembled to the families of the slain, and jettisoned her most profound beliefs to gain presidential power.

For the last three decades, the Clintons have lived at the intersection of money and politics, trading their political influence to enrich their personal finances. They embody the term “crony capitalism.” It disgusts the American people and causes them to lose faith in our political process.
    A person so untrustworthy and dishonest as Hillary Clinton must not become president.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike