Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Real Country Music for your BGE Party!

Options
Bdubya
Bdubya Posts: 35
Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Pre-Sales AVAILABLE NOW on iTunes!

"HONKYTONKITIS" debuts 3/31/16
                     http://www.bigcityrocks.com/store

I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Bdubya
Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I draw the line (Real Country) with the Marshall Tucker Band and Charlie Danials Band......the rest is just country to me.  You keep listening now you here. It's all good...it's music for the head.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    edited March 2016
    Options
    +1 CDB!  And shoot who's more real country than Luke Bryan? Or fellow Gamecock Darius Rucker?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And shoot who's more real country than Luke Bryan? Or fellow Gamecock Darius Rucker?

Ummm...everyone?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I like Darius. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I like Darius. 
    Me too. He's a pop artist that sings country but I'm OK with that. When I think "country" I think Willie, Waylon, and The Boys. 
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Willie, Waylon, and the boys; Hank Jr., Reba, Sammy Kershaw, Neil McCoy, all that aside...today's country is being led by Chris Stapleton. That dude can write. Annnnnd sing a little too.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I like Darius. 
    Me too. He's a pop artist that sings country but I'm OK with that. When I think "country" I think Willie, Waylon, and The Boys.   
    I agree. New Country is totally different than real country. I grew up listening to Willie, Waylon, Merle, and George Jones.   A lot of the younger crowd, 20's, that like today's country don't know a thing about real country. 

My wife likes this new country. I can take it or leave it. Speaking of Luke Bryan, I know his father in law. He was a vendor of mine until he retired a few months ago. I mentioned to my wife that I knew Luke's FIL and that if she would "Strip it down" I was going to do my best to "Kick the dust up". 

She didn't think it was funny either. : ( 

• ksmyrl
    Options
    @johnkitchens "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes"

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    @johnkitchens where are you?  I used to live in Albany...
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnkitchens
    Options
    @johnkitchens where are you?  I used to live in Albany...
    Hey Chip. I am in the small town of Louisville, GA about 45 miles south of Augusta. I am about 3 hours from Albany. I had to go Americus on Saturday, and I swear that is one of those places that you just about can't get too from here. 

I was in Albany last May for my son's track meet. 

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    +1 CDB!  And shoot who's more real country than Luke Bryan? Or fellow Gamecock Darius Rucker?
    + 1 for CDB and Brother Rucker.  And for the haters.....Bless your heart Brother CenTex....it's not your fault you weren't born a Gamecock.  We still love you.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Willie, Waylon, and the boys; Hank Jr., Reba, Sammy Kershaw, Neil McCoy, all that aside...today's country is being led by Chris Stapleton. That dude can write. Annnnnd sing a little too.
    I went to the Chris Stapleton concert at the Tabernacle in January.  It was an incredible show.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I went to the Chris Stapleton concert at the Tabernacle in January.  It was an incredible show.  
    I do like him. He has a great voice! 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    + 1 for CDB and Brother Rucker.  And for the haters.....Bless your heart Brother CenTex....it's not your fault you weren't born a Gamecock.  We still love you.
    I'm way to busy to muster any hate for a 3-9 SEC team. Hate to tell you but The 'Ol Ball Coach ain't waking through that door any time soon. :wink: 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I saw him at a corporate event last summer and I went out to the bar after 20 minutes. Not my deal. And don't get me started on Kenny Chesney. Whole lotta nope.
  • ksmyrl
    edited March 2016
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I saw him at a corporate event last summer and I went out to the bar after 20 minutes. Not my deal. And don't get me started on Kenny Chesney. Whole lotta nope.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you but Kenny is laughing all the way to his private island in the USVI. Success means something different to everyone.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I like Real Country. That said, I'll admit to an occasional guilty pleasure of opening the windows and turning up the volume and singing along to today's cheesy pop country, much to my children's embarrassment.  
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    When I think country, I think outlaw country. Not just Waylon and Willie, but also Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry, Elizabeth Cook, Lucinda Williams, Jason Isbell, Todd Snyder, Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earl... that stuff kicks ass. 

Top modern country, that is formula music. Pickup truck, tight jeans, girl you look so good... barf. Same song over and over. Give me Shovels and Rope.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'll admit to an occasional guilty pleasure of opening the windows and turning up the volume and singing along to today's cheesy pop country, 
    I would pay good money to see that brother D :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Mosca said:

Top modern country, that is formula music. Pickup truck, tight jeans, girl you look so good... barf. Same song over and over. Give me Shovels and Rope.
    I totally agree, but it is what sells and makes the record labels the big bucks. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not really sure how this guy has been able to come on here every couple of months and plug his crap and no one gives him sheet for it. If this was a fire wire add he would be sent to egg prison so butt hurt it wouldn't even be funny. Don't give a fly fu. Ck about your music. 

End rant. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Damn @saluki2007. Scorched Earth! 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sorry bro... 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    YEMTrey said:
    I don't necessarily disagree with you but Kenny is laughing all the way to his private island in the USVI. Success means something different to everyone.
    Oh I get that and I'm all for it. I don't like Taylor Swift either but I get it. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Not really sure how this guy has been able to come on here every couple of months and plug his crap and no one gives him sheet for it. If this was a fire wire add he would be sent to egg prison so butt hurt it wouldn't even be funny. Don't give a fly fu. Ck about your music. 

End rant. 
    When you see his t-shirts maybe you'll change your mind.  =)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Chris Stapleton. Hands down. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Bdubya
    Bdubya Posts: 35
    Options

End rant. 
    It's in the Off Topic section, which means you gave a fuk.  I've been egging probably longer than you've been grumpy.  You're above the Mason Dixon, so I'm giving you a pass this time.  
    I make my living trying to make people happy.  It doesn't always work, I know that.

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya