Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

The ever so delicious stuffed peppers!

After my introductory post several have asked about my take on the stuffed peppers.  I must say that my wife and I love stuffed peppers and we make different variations of the stuffing to go into the peppers.  That being said I would like to share our two most recent stuffed pepper cooks.

To start this cook I fire up the grill to 400* (indirect heat so be sure to use a deflector).  The next thing I do is cut the top off the bell pepper and take the core and seeds out.  I then place the peppers in an aluminum pan with about 1/8" of water. The water helps keep the bottom from overcooking and burning.  After prepping the peppers I will put on the grill for 25 minutes.  While the peppers are on the grill I prepare my stuffing.  

The stuffing for these peppers consisted of a mixture of brown rice, ground turkey, spicy black beans, corn, salsa, onion, and low sodium taco seasoning. I cooked the ground turkey with the onion, brown rice, and corn.  The spicy black beans were the pre-cooked beans that come in a can.  

After the peppers have cooked for 25 minutes I bring them back inside and stuff them.

After stuffing the peppers I put them back on the grill for another 25-30 minutes (make sure to put a little water in the bottom of the pan).  After cooking an additional 25-30 minutes I topped them with shredded habanero cheese.

I then cook an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is nicely melted.

When done it is time to eat of course! Money shot:

The peppers in my introductory post were just a tad different.  I browned turkey meat and a spicy ground sausage along with some onion in a skillet.  After browning the meat I mixed with above mentioned ingredients.  You can substitute any type of meat, brown rice, quinoa, etc into the stuffing for a delicious meal.  My wife and I like the red peppers better than the green peppers.  The red peppers tend to be a little softer and less crunchy.  Two of the red peppers were topped with shredded habanero cheese and two were topped with pepper jack cheese.  

Thanks for looking!

Chuck

Comments