Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Meets Joetisserie - A New Dimension In Egging

Options
1234568»

Comments

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Mine is set up and ready to roast a chicken.  Thx for the inspiration @Dredger.  Pix and review coming.   

BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You're welcome @eggnewtoy. Enjoy the eggsperience. Looking forward to pics and opinions.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    Loved it but didn't tighten the screws enough so it took longer as it slid and got stuck.  Next time, will cook at a higher temp.  I usually cook a whole chicken at about 400 for 15 minutes per pound.  That being said, aroma was terrific and the piece I nibbled on was great. Thx @Dredger

• Dredger
    Options
    @eggnewtoy, you're very welcome. I posted on your thread about your cook. Good looking chicken! Be sure and tighten the set screws on the forks with pliers or it will loosen up as it spins. You'll need the pliers to loosen them after the cook too. Never thought I would have a pair of pliers as a kitchen accessory, lol. Instead of one large chicken, we've started doing two 4 plus pounders at the same time beside each other on the spit since the left overs are so incredibly versatile. Looking forward to your next cook and congrats on this one!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @eggnewtoy, you're very welcome. I posted on your thread about your cook. Good looking chicken! Be sure and tighten the set screws on the forks with pliers or it will loosen up as it spins. You'll need the pliers to loosen them after the cook too. Never thought I would have a pair of pliers as a kitchen accessory, lol. Instead of one large chicken, we've started doing two 4 plus pounders at the same time beside each other on the spit since the left overs are so incredibly versatile. Looking forward to your next cook and congrats on this one!
    Thx @#Dredger.  Your help has been invaluable and always glad to see another woman on the forum.  

• Dredger
    Options
    @eggnewtoy, glad it worked for you. Many on this forum have helped me through the years, so happy I can contribute. Yeah, we need more women here for sure.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • PMG
    PMG Posts: 50
    Options

@Dredger, so now that you've had the JT for awhile now, what are your thoughts, impressions of it?  I just purchased the JT for my XL and am waiting for it to arrive.

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I use the crap out of mine every time I make picanha. 

You want to talk about match made in heaven. That’s one cook that just blows it out of the water. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I have a rotisserie setup for my Weber Kettle that I got prior to stepping up to a BGE. I have to say it works pretty well, but we've not used it since moving to Eggville. I can't see getting a second version for the BGE. Glad to see others are having great experiences with the Joetisserie
    Michiana, South of the border.