Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Denver D...

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Defense wins championships! So glad Peyton has opurtinity to go out on top
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Did Joan Rivers come back from the dead to accept the Super Bowl trophy? 
  • jabam
    This was one of the most entertaining Super Bowls I have seen in awhile. I was just waiting for the big play from the panthers, but the Denver D played their ass off. I'm so happy for the broncos
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jabam
    BTW I won. $100 dollars on the broncos
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    MVP LB. When you have LBs that can cover WRs, you won't lose too many games. When you have a DL that controls the LOS, game over. Highest scoring offense, meet the NFL's number one defense. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    jabam said:
    This was one of the most entertaining Super Bowls I have seen in awhile. I was just waiting for the big play from the panthers, but the Denver D played their ass off. I'm so happy for the broncos
    Wut? Entertaining?
  • jabam
    jabam said:
    Wut? Entertaining?
    Sorry bro, but I loved it. I'm a defensive guy! Until the last 3 minutes anything could have happened!!
  • jabam
    Could have has something to do with all the money I had on squares as well!!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Can't Newton. Denver Broncos..... I've never seen a qb that overwhelmed. DAB
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jabam
    Except for tom Brady last weekend
  • YukonRon
    Defense. Broncos. Super Bowl Champions.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:
    Did you not watch the Super Bowl 2 years ago?
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Looks like they are wagering that Cam can't get it done.  Very conservative possessions by Denver.  Keeps Carolina in the hunt.
    That's because the Denver O couldn't do anything against the Panther D. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

#nodabforcam
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    4Runner said:
    Looks like they are wagering that Cam can't get it done.  Very conservative possessions by Denver.  Keeps Carolina in the hunt.
    That's because the Denver O couldn't do anything against the Panther D. 
    They scored as many touchdowns as the panther O, The Bronco's D scored as many TDs as the Panther O.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• So SGH, can we assume you didn't send Cam a Christmas card this year?

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Defense. Wins. Championships. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • jabam
    Went to bed soon after game last night....had to get up early for work....so I didn't see any post game interviews. But I watched Cam's this morning. He showed his true colors, classless!! I understand being upset about losing, but lose with class.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    edited February 2016
    Well my football season ended with the Carolina Clempson game this year.....almost College Baseball season.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    henapple said:
    No doubt.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    FarmerTom said:
    So SGH, can we assume you didn't send Cam a Christmas card this year?
    You called that right on the money ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    I'm an Auburn fan and I'm embarrassed to have ever pulled for Cam. Not for the loss.........for his attitude 
  • Von Miller won them the last two games.  cannot say a bad thing about that Denver D.

I don't think Cam was 'exposed' or that his prior performance was all hype.   i think it was a case of the defense just smothering him like they did Brady.

you can't throw it to anyone if they aren't open, and if your O-line gives up that many damn sacks.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited February 2016
    C. Newton Real Professional. :hushed: 
    The Broncos (P. Manning) were all but, castrated 2 yrs ago in SB  against the Seahawks. The Seahawks dominated and it showed. P. Manning and others gave their post game press conf interviews and answered what probably seemed like BS questions. But, they sucked it up/manned up and did the interviews and had to hear all the other jokes that ensued. You can't reap the accolades  on the W and not own the L. 

https://youtu.be/o8c8BZyfKbg
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Agree could have been handled better but really what do you expect someone to say?

reporter- cam why do you feel you didn't play up to your prior performance?

hummm- let's see- because we didn't score enough points?

cam- are you disapointed with the game-

well that's another perplexing question- yes

i mean seriously- all of these guys work extremely hard and reach the peak of the mountain to have their dreams shattered. They then have to get on TV with a bunch of dumb ass reporters asking ridiculous questions. 

Would be be like me having to give an interview after I just burned my snake river farms brisket. I'd be too pissed to want to talk about it. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Why does everyone care about what Cam is doing exactly?  He greeted the opposing QB with style and gave credit where credit is due.  

Why does Cam HAVE to be like others?  That's not him.  In a world where the thought of be yourself is evident, others want to go back to "that's what you're supposed to do".  

THIS is class... 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • in the lead in to the game all we heard about in the media was how many Cam haters there were.  i hadn't actually seen any of it.  but damn, they care coming out in droves on the 'net today.

yeah, i think it was pretty lame to act the way he did in the post-game, but aside from that? not seeing the great outrage that others are.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Wolfpack said:
    Agree could have been handled better but really what do you expect someone to say?

reporter- cam why do you feel you didn't play up to your prior performance?

hummm- let's see- because we didn't score enough points?

cam- are you disapointed with the game-

well that's another perplexing question- yes

i mean seriously- all of these guys work extremely hard and reach the peak of the mountain to have their dreams shattered. They then have to get on TV with a bunch of dumb ass reporters asking ridiculous questions. 

Would be be like me having to give an interview after I just burned my snake river farms brisket. I'd be too pissed to want to talk about it. 
    If you got paid Millions of $s to be professional then we could expect a good sportsmanship conduct.  Just my .02 worth
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY