Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your BEST gift (received) this year..... this will be hard

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options

=) 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @SGH, your granddaughter is so cute! @Roadpuke0, those cons will be fun to play with this winter. Just getting into gold prospecting or a seasoned gold digger? We got bit by the gold bug about 11 years ago. It is a fun hobby.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You welcome. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @SGH, your granddaughter is so cute!
    Thank you sister. I like to say that she got her looks from me. But atlas, it's not true. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    My Christmas was about like last year's :/... 
    I've had better. I did get to spend it with my 2 dogs
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Hibby said:

How do you like it?

That's the one for knives with the lower angle bevel right?

I have the 130, 3-stage one.  Got it for Christmas 10 yrs ago--works great.
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    My best gift was the platesetter for the BGE i haven't bought yet  :)
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Elkhunt said:
    A Large BGE!!! Wife floored me with this awesome gift.  Can't wait to learn my new tool.  I have been using a BDS to my pork, wings and brisket.  Excited to put that at the curb and start being an EggHead... Look forward to being active on here too...Welcome. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Watching our little girl figure out there's something new in each package. She opened the first one with help and didn't want to stop playing with it then she opened the 2nd and played with it for a minute then after that she would unwrap one then get up and get the next. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Best gift was spending it with family. All the gfts were excellent but, it was nice just to chill with family & friends. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @SGH, your granddaughter is so cute! @Roadpuke0, those cons will be fun to play with this winter. Just getting into gold prospecting or a seasoned gold digger? We got bit by the gold bug about 11 years ago. It is a fun hobby.
    That was my wife helping tease my dream. Would love to go to Alaska and experience the gold mining environment. Being in northern illinois there ant much prospecting going on around here:-(
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Best gift was spending it with family. All the gfts were excellent but, it was nice just to chill with family & friends. 
    Agree my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Among many others, first being having the family together, happy and healthy. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @Roadpuke0, this might help in locating surrounding areas that might have gold in your area. http://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/find-mrds.php We don't have much around here either, but a couple of hours up the road, it's loaded with gold mines. If its cold, we use the highbanker/dredge combo and shovel dirt from the gold mine. If it's warm, we use the flotation dredge with air to dive in the river that is fed from the gold mine. It's a bit more expensive than egging, but it's a lot of fun. Happy panning and go for the yeller stuff.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I haven't used the sharpener a lot but what I have done has been terrific. I was struggling with de-boning a turkey and passed a Global boning knife through it a few times and it cut like butter. The new Shun has already claimed a good part of a fingernail.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hibby said:

How do you like it?

That's the one for knives with the lower angle bevel right?

I have the 130, 3-stage one.  Got it for Christmas 10 yrs ago--works great. Forgot to click quote above
    Yes it's intended for double bevel knives. You can do single bevel on it but I haven't read that far....look a squirrel!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Here's what I got.......a "SearzAll".  Works pretty good!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @stlcharcoal - Nice, I've been eyeing those up, but I've heard reports that the longevity isn't all that great. Will be interested in your take on it in after a few months of use.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    Here's what I got.......a "SearzAll".  Works pretty good!

LOL - keep that up, Jonathan, and nobody will be needing your charcoal! 
    I already hot tub my steaks and then do a quick HOT sear on my steak searing inferno aka my small BGE, but if your "SearzAll" eliminates that then I'm all ears! Tell me more - if you dare! =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    It's for creme brulee only, you barbarians.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Angus1978
    Options
    @Little Steven  what Shun is that?  The pic makes it look bent
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    Botch said:
    It's for creme brulee only, you barbarians.  
    LOL - better tell that to the SearzAll folks! BTW note the range of price. Why buy a cheaper one when you can get one for $7,630!
    http://www.amazon.com/Searzall-Torch-Attachment-Small-Stainless/dp/B00L2P0KNO
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    My grandfather's shotgun that I got from my Dad, also- Sharing a beer with the old man before dinner. 

The expression on my almost 4 year old's face when she came down and saw that Santa delivered while she was asleep.

Aside from that, the bottle of Maker's and the 30oz and 20oz Yeti ramblers the wife had been holding onto.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    The Yeti is second!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    On Christmas Eve, our one and only shared that she and her husband are pregnant with our first grandchild!  =)
    Congratulations!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I spent the holidays with family, my best gift was the realization I have reached the same level as my mom for Christmas.  What I mean by that is as a child she always got us a ton of stuff and not really much from us, naturally children don't buy much, but I think she got the true joy just watching the kids. I get it, as a father I enjoy watching the kids open their gifts more than I care about my gifts. 

Yesterday, I unloaded 2 yards of pea gravel in my yard,  about 1/4th sent to my son who now has a seat with 2 levers that acts like an excavator - he spent 2hrs outside on it and fell asleep at 730 haha. 

I got a lodge dutch oven and a Khalil Mack jersey coming when my size is in stock.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This year was special as we got to host my families Christmas Day gift exchange. I had to smoke a ham for my wife's family Christmas gathering that evening so my Mom asked if we wanted to host it to make it easier on us with the ham. (This is a big deal as it's been a tradition to open gifts at their house as long as I can remember) My wife and I had to go the extra mile with Christmas decorations. We put one box worth of ornaments on the tree and called it good. Once we found out my family was coming over for Christmas the second box of ornaments went on the tree! =)  Garland around the stairway railings, and more Christmas decorations around the house. It's not like my family would have cared but their house always looks so nice and decorated during Christmas. So I figure this is our one opportunity and we better make it right.

I have to say everyone had a great time. My mom even mentioned how nice everything looks with the decorations. We could have had Christmas out in our backyard shed and fun would have been had but it's always nice when you can make mom proud!

The best gifts by far are my health, family, and friends. Everything else in life is a bonus.

My mom gave me some Meat Church rubs this Christmas and my sister got me Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and 5 boxes of HD tinfoil for egg stuff related. My sister always complains as I never have good ideas for gifts. You can never have enough tinfoil around right?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I just went and bought myself a new hedge trimmer. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @piney is that phone off a baby walker toy?  My daughter has the same phone
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum