Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick-fil-a discontinuing coleslaw.......if that don't beat all....It just ain't right!

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I like McDonalds for breakfast too...or Taco Cabana.
    Have had the Taco Cabano breakfast burritos and a fan. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Do they serve slaw? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    No way....Pico.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Their cole-slaw:  They taste like fetid grass clipping from a rugby field combined with soiled and muddied grass clippings surrounding the port-o-lets at an Insane Clown Posse concert composted with refuge from a fish processing plant in Bangladesh and seasoned with the tears from business major graduates flipping burgers for $7.50/hr and the swill from South Carolina pig farms.  Delicately served in a polystyrene cup by happy employees that often get 1/2 off their fast food subsistence (although they need to clock out before they can eat it and the food cost is 20%).
    Your level of anger over a trivial post really marks you as a jerk.  Why not be honest and level that you couldn't care less about the food, you have other issues with the franchise.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok.  I could not care less about the food.  It's actually less terrible than some.  I thought my descriptions were facetious enough to be clear.
    Options
    Shucks...I was just tryin' to be funny.
    Options
    Slaw is serious
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    At least Chic fil a is closer to real chicken then MD's will ever put out.  I like their salads once in awhile when I don't have time to cook when the wife and I are getting home late and have to get the kid somewhere.  I am sorry I ever interduced my son to MD's nuguts, those things are diffently not real food.  I like many kinds of slaw so I will have to bookmark this for the receipes.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    You were, I was laughing my a$$ off!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    At least Chic fil a is closer to real chicken then MD's will ever put out.  I like their salads once in awhile when I don't have time to cook when the wife and I are getting home late and have to get the kid somewhere.  I am sorry I ever interduced my son to MD's nuguts, those things are diffently not real food.  I like many kinds of slaw so I will have to bookmark this for the receipes.
    The chicken, bacon, egg and cheese bagel with a coffee makes zaps hangovers. I can picture me rolling through the drive thru about 9am tomorrow.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options

Well, I like Jack tacos, which are the furthest thing from Mexican that can be, except there might be some kind of processed corn (GMO) product in the "tortilla" like wrapping.  But I eat them anyway, 2 for $0.99.

Too each his own and I still love the sweet and sour slaw from meathead at amazingribs.com.

LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Of all the things that get argued about on this forum; guns, gays, politics, religion, lump, rotomolded coolers, etc, etc. Slaw would have never crossed my mind as a topic for debate. The last thing that I go to a restaraunt for is slaw. It's right up there with salad in my book. They can keep both. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    Of all the things that get argued about on this forum; guns, gays, politics, religion, lump, rotomolded coolers, etc, etc. Slaw would have never crossed my mind as a topic for debate. The last thing that I go to a restaraunt for is slaw. It's right up there with salad in my book. They can keep both. 
    Your mom.
    Options
    These folks turn out a mean chicken finger.
    http://www.guthrieschicken.com

not sure about their slaw.  
    I STILL have to redevelop wife 1's fathers ice box slaw recipe. Heavy on sweet and vinegar.  Best slaw of my life.   He's passed on and my ex passed on me.  

Let's say I miss the slaw......

LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • NewNashEgg
    Options
    What a boring slaw recipe.  Sugar vinegar cabbage.  Really....you don't say??!?!  Next thing you know they will be putting flour in the bread. 
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    There were a FEW more items in the recipe...  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I'm not a slaw guy, but if CFA slaw were good, it wouldn't be discontinued. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    The chicken, bacon, egg and cheese bagel with a coffee makes zaps hangovers. I can picture me rolling through the drive thru about 9am tomorrow.
    Hangover was more than chick fil a can fix. Hit up Bronx bagels the best breakfast in north Georgia. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    SGH said:
    Your mom.
    Okay, I literally lol'd at this.  Thanks @nolaegghead !
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You were early @Lit.  Pretty good when hung over ;)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I hate it when I roll into a fast food restaurant and get good service. I'd rather go to McDonald's and wait for the fine young kids to decide which biatch Jerome is gonna @*# tonight. (true story) 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The last time I went to McDonalds. ( 7 yrs ago), they screwed up my order. The woman behind the counter said " what do you expect, I work at McDonalds!". Didn't have a comeback for that one. 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I want Rubio's to come to Texas.
    Gittin' there...
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Walmart is still a family owned business.
    Absolutely wrong.  The shareholders own Walmart.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @4Runner - look it up.  Majority owned by the Walton family. I accept your apology in advance.
    Options
    4Runner said:
    Walmart is still a family owned business.
    Absolutely wrong.  The shareholders own Walmart.  

The six largest shareholders share the same last name. Hmmm.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I apologize for being correct, I'm a progressive...facts drive me.
    Options
    Good to know your a libertarian and not a robin hood nut job!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Facts are bullshít, man.  Err, wait...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That definition is BS.  A progressive leverages information, facts and expertise over ideology.  Period.