Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon

Options
1235»

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing - What did you think of the Elmer T Lee?
    The ladies wanted cocktails last night so we used Bulleit (+ splash of apple cider + splash of ginger beer + dash of bitters + apple garnish). Wouldn't "waste" Elmer on that venture.  Ladies were happy and the drinks were very nice. 

TONIGHT for sure.  Will let you know!
    Elmer. Sick good. Special. Serve to me and friends. Wow. Awesome. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • A5firearms
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • wbradking
    Options
    I'm visiting my in-laws this Thanksgiving up in bourbon country.  I always go to a local liquor store and get a bottle when I'm up here.  Got some Rowan's Creek yesterday.  I've not had it before but looking forward to it.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @wbradking - don't know your taste in bourbon but I find Rowan's Creek to be a good value and taste.  Excellent every day bourbon, like Bulleit.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    My typical everyday is Woodford Double Oaked - has a nice caramel finish (to me anyhow). Last year was my first in the hunt, and I managed to score a bottle of PVW23 - nectar of the gods.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • NewNashEgg
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    Decided to crack this guy. Tasty and different. 

I love this stuff.  I can sit and smell it all night. 
  • mrw123
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    Options
    Four roses OBSK purchased at the distillery a couple years ago. One of Rutledge's finest. I miss him already! 
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    SRFShane said:
    I joined a whiskey club this year, so I've gotten to try a few that I wouldn't normally.  My two favorites so far:

bourbon

Image 1

Darn it! I've seen these in Pennsylvania lately, haven't tried them yet because I've found excuses not to. Today I saw the Koval in a sampler pack with a couple other of their whiskies, guess I'll spend the money next time I see them.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA