Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle Is Legit - Part 2

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182676/ot-blackstone-36-griddle-is-legit#latest

First one is sinking guys.  So I will make another one.  Post your Blackstone stories, un-boxing pictures, and cooks here.  
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,186
    This thread sinking crap is getting old. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,681
    I posted this in the first thread, guess I'll add here too.  

Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    Jeremiah said:
    This thread sinking crap is getting old. 
    Not sure I understand the rational behind it.  It was in OT area.  
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,927
    edited October 2015
    Sinking a good thread about cooking that never got ugly it's BS. And I'm not talking B.lackS.tone
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,381
    edited October 2015
    I had to speak with Blackstone a while back and asked if they had any thoughts of starting a forum for the Blackstone Posse. Both the flat top griddle and the pizza oven. He said they were working towards getting it done.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,777
    Nice!  The way of the Buffalo

Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,381

Possibly we now only have the last 100 pages of post on the front page. I was able to go back like 900 or so.

Although we can still search the older posts.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,447
    Yeah, I think you may be onto something @tarheelmatt. I'm guessing there might be a max length where after that it autosinks.

Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • blastingblasting Posts: 6,007
    edited October 2015

That was a quality thread.  I'm getting pretty annoyed with the mods.  Some of the stuff that is left active is ridiculous, but if you mention another cooking device it's sunk.  

I've joined two other BBQ forums, going to do some exploring, and see what else is out there.

btw - @tarheelmatt  & @slovelad   nice looking cooks guys.

Phoenix 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,543
    That's buffalo bullshlt.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 1,456
    I, for one, enjoy these OT threads about other cooking devices. You guys have helped me spend a lot of money, lol. I live under a rock and most of them I would never have known about without all of your help. BTW, thanks everyone  for the info on the Dexter Russell brisket knife. It drew first blood on my brisket cook. Yeppers, Liquid Skin is my friend.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,231
    Yep, those knives are wicked sharp, amirite @JohnInCarolina ?
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,186
    DMW said:
    Yeah, I think you may be onto something @tarheelmatt. I'm guessing there might be a max length where after that it autosinks.

If that's the case how do you explain ozzie's "what are you doing now" thread? 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 1,456
    @theyolksonyou, they are fantastic and did a great job on the brisket. I also got their 6 inch boning knife to trim that sucker. Not a drop of blood using that one, but the brisket knife got me and all I did was look at it.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,447
    Jeremiah said:
    DMW said:

Ok, good point. My theory has been disproved.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    Jeremiah said:
    DMW said:

Good point... OR there is something in the code that makes exceptions for those that have made hurtful GIFs... I dunno.  :rock_on: 

Sorry @Ozzie_Isaac , I had to do it. 
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,927
    Cooking that much rice is a workout on your wrists isn't it!?  Looks great!
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,989
    Cooking that much rice is a workout on your wrists isn't it!?  Looks great!
    Yeah I was thinking he should trade the spatula for a snow shovel.  Awesome looking rice @cookingdude555 ;

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• @Thatgrimguy  & @SmokeyPitt  , haha, yeah it was an incredible amount of food.

John - SLC, UT

2 XLs, Large, Medium, MM, and Mini

• chrisc133chrisc133 Posts: 497
    Broke mine open Sunday. I bought it at target when it was $229, and it's been in the shed since. I don't know why I've just been really busy. Made fried rice for my family (big family, eight siblings with who knows how many nieces and nephews). Others chipped in with other Asian dishes that were awesome. I kept my effort basic since this was my first blackstone run, and I've never made fried rice. Veggies were the basic peas/carrots, and I chopped up some green onions and broccoli. The only protein was ham, because I'm an idiot and forgot the eggs. It was still awesome, I will be doing this again soon. It was nice cooking in the garage while it rained. 

Thursday, I have approval from the wife and children to make breakfast, for dinner. Can't wait. 

It looks like you keep yours in your garage...do you cover it in the garage?
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,078
    Windscreen
    Tspud1 said:
    Windscreen
    Noticed Blackstone came out with some windscreens too.  Not sure how long ago that was though.  

You'll want to consider making some for the RGMS too.  
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,078
    edited November 30
    Translate RGMS for me
    Rear Grease Management System

All the new Blackstones have the trap in the rear now.  This would only be good for the old design.  
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 7,016
    Someone needs to do a BS Buffalo Smash Burger.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95