Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Music are you listining to right now

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,489
    Options
    A good friend of mine dropped this on EweTube, apparently the original version of the Stones' "Start Me Up" was a more reggae tune than the final version; I hear very little reggae in this, but its an interesting version nonetheless:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQShYXdiZ75A%26fbclid%3DIwAR1YcL0z2DnsnKuqHMDH_FDB7Tiv6Sf_8M016llxTNiV-HtX29M-AksEJSY&h=AT3pRyh1PSczrtyfw--ylWHxe59zFIpxfVyqwYTdZTO6jp3s7cjOtacVScdSRjHF5R4rv_h308-7M3QQRLJuhVHMyC-c6vIWAfnEXx_N_48mQIsAIPxMFFigdRTljfxTONPbv495Iw&__tn__=H-R&c[0]=AT1UrS7wOTPYJQKDp3dSwnTj_717Z_2hoSZyd46tJtft2adfOvPgU6uuGJ9zYoT7-k6ar2oQiyBu7T3Qt6pulneopDL2lTlqGbvH9t38_EMg8msPX71lYBGT3D_gk4IDVwhcd69tdkUb3uXGA1nD0crvGXKIoezoyYSu5wuWU1yv9cngpQZxy1gq

l.php

^^^  Hopefully one of those two links work; apparently farcebook is doing everything within their power to prevent copy/paste of anything that is posted in their domain.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    This song caught my ear in a big way, sonically, when it came out. Fascinating story about it and the artist:

• Botch
    Options

• Botch
    Options
    Botch said:
    And now I've been told this is just a clever editing job, did not actually happen.  d'Oh.  

• Botch
    Options

• Botch
    Options
    Gizmodrome, Live in Japan!  Didn't know this supergroup was still together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcNWlA11Llk

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Botch said:
    It's been awhile since I've seen anything from my favorite Russian cover band. Here, they cover a killer tune from mid-career Steely Dan.  The guitarist absolutely nails the solo, including the tricky harmonic parts.  And seeing what's-her-name again, is always a good thing!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8aZZ9d_EA
    I caught the Leonid show at the Iron City Music Hall in Birmingham AL in October.
    Unbelievably good. I was about 10 feet from center stage. I have never seen so much talent on a single stage.
  • Botch
    Options
    RIP Stephen Sondheim.
    I'm not a big fan of Broadway musicals, but this guy's name is very familiar to me.  Tonight on PBS they dissected his lyrics, and I finally realized how he did twist his lyrical rhymes in unexpected ways, to make the listener go, "Wait, wat??"  My favorite rock lyricists do the same (Steely Dan, Joni, Sting, and Level 42 when their drummer Phil Gould wrote the lyrics).  
    May have to dive into some Broadway soundtracks now; I love the extra time in Retirement!  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    edited December 2021
    Options

This song is hitting home right now.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Two great song writers and singers - James Taylor and Carole King on CNN.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    Options
    I've heard of the Whammy-Bar mod for a clav, but I'd never seen/heard one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDUCTsXPiE&t=284s

• Botch
    Options
    Here, Rick Beato dissects my favorite Yes track, and of course points out a few tidbits I've missed all these years!  (Wakeman is still an assh*le, but dammit he could play):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWgz6ObgDI

• Botch
    Options

• Botch
    Options
    Botch said:
    And, since I watched the above video, EweTube has given me some more tidgits from The Fearless Flyers.  I first discovered this band as Vulf Pek (I think that's German for Wolf Pack, correct me if I'm wrong) but they do videos, and CDs, under different names, depending on who's in the band; the bass player and rhythm guitarist seem to be the only constants (they've had other, and multiple, drummers, a couple keyboards, even a vocalist or two).  They've also played in Madison Square Garden, so they do have a following.  Here's the new tidbit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjEgfEzu-8

They even kept their "Devo meets GQ" look intact!   B)  

• Botch
    Options
    ^^^  I have to note a second thing. 
    I'm a huge fan of Dream Theater, and Portnoy was famous for having a drum kit so huge, it required three thrones, (seats for the drummer); but who had the better grooove?  
    You tell me.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Back to watching Nightwish videos on ewetube. They really put on a show.
  • Botch
    Options
    There are rules.  :lol:

RULES OF THE BLUES
    1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning..."
    2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."
    3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes... sort of:
    "Got a good woman with the meanest face in town.
    Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town.
    Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pound."
    4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch--ain't no way out.
    5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft and company motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
    6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
    7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression. Clarksdale, Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.
    8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg cause you were skiing is not the blues. Breaking your leg 'cause a alligator be chompin' on it is.
    9. You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
    10. Good places for the Blues:
    a. Highway
    b. Jailhouse
    c. An empty bed
    d. Bottom of a whiskey glass
    11. Bad places for the Blues:
    a. Nordstrom's
    b. Gallery openings
    c. Ivy league institutions
    d. Golf courses
    12. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be a old ethnic person, and you slept in it.
    13. You have the right to sing the Blues if:
    a. You older than dirt
    b. You blind
    c. You shot a man in Memphis
    d. You can't be satisfied
    14. You don't have the right to sing the Blues if:
    a. You have all your teeth
    b. You were once blind but now can see
    c. The man in Memphis lived
    d. You have a pension fund
    15. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.
    16. If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the Blues.
    17. Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
    a. Cheap wine
    b. Whiskey or bourbon
    c. Muddy water
    d. Nasty black coffee
    18. The following are NOT Blues beverages:
    a. Perrier
    b. Chardonnay
    c. Snapple
    d. Slim Fast
    19. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broke-down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while getting liposuction.
    20. Some Blues names for women:
    a. Sadie
    b. Big Mama
    c. Bessie
    d. Fat River Dumpling
    21. Some Blues names for men:
    a. Joe
    b. Willie
    c. Little Willie
    d. Big Willie
    22. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
    23. Make your own Blues name Starter Kit:
    a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
    b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Melon, Kiwi, etc.)
    c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.) For example: Blind Lime Jefferson, Jackleg Lemon Johnson or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")
    24. I don't care how tragic your life: if you own even one computer, you cannot sing the blues.
    - Author Unknown -

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Punishing the sheet rock to ungodly decibels of JJ Grey singing Lochloosa. Surprised the Neighbors haven’t made their way over here, again, from a half acre away. 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    https://youtu.be/Pkgd3tER1yI

A fitting song given the times. Crazy how some bands sound as good if not better than they did almost 40 years ago.  

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    Just scored tickets to see Phish in Toronto, August 2022! 
    Still have tickets for the yet to be reshceduled Pearl Jam in Hamilton and also have tickets for Clutch in London, ON in early May.
    I haven't been to a concert since 2016 (Metallica) and never thought my post pandemic "thing" would be concerts again at 47 yrs old!
    I'm excited!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I saw Joe Bonamassa in Birmingham AL, March 1st. He put on a good show. I also really enjoyed seeing Reese Wynans.
    Here's something from Reese you may enjoy:
    https://youtu.be/HHj90jq8CMo
  • Botch
    Options
    GregW said:
    I saw Joe Bonamassa in Birmingham AL, March 1st. He put on a good show. I also really enjoyed seeing Reese Wynans.
    Here's something from Reese you may enjoy:
    https://youtu.be/HHj90jq8CMo
    Hah!  That brings back some great memories.
    I'd played in a few cover bands that did that tune.  I followed the bass intro on piano, but then had to cover both the Hammond riffs and the brass stabs at the same time; I'm nominally coordinated but could do it, sorta.  Good Times.  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Edit - for @Botch, just felt like going back few years.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Keeping in the genre this afternoon. He will be at "Festival Boca" on the 13th.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Botch
    Options
    I'm so out of the loop anymore; just heard this guy on CBS this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F9pL06IC8k

• Botch
    edited May 2022
    Options
    No idea who this artist is, but she just BURNS on one of my favorite Corea charts, completely solo.  I've tried for years to sing along with Al Jarreau's version, got about 85% of the way there.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BawnOBOcgg

• Botch
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Level 42 is in my Top 3 Bands of All Time. They haven't been very successful here in the States, but they've held a record for selling out Wembley Stadium for two weeks straight! (something to be said for paying for music education in our schools)
    They've also had an interesting career arc. Great albums for about the first six or so, then half of the members left, but they still pop up on albums, single tracks, and in songwriting/playing credits. Their last album (that I'm aware of) was called "Siren", came out about 4, 5 years ago*; they changed their sound a lot with the addition of some EDM elements, I liked the sound of it. 

Tonight, the first concert video from that album popped up on my EweTube, and it's great! Enjoy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBoxrzBPv7Y

EDIT: * make that 7, 8 years ago, seeing the date on the video