Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how not to score points with neighbors

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,776
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
the dog came home with a whole roast duck from the neighbors chinese moon festival last night. didnt get the traditional moon cake so will see what happens next weekend
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    LOL, that's great.  
    How was the duck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cFHAJ5asMk

LBGE/Maryland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would send that dog back to see if he could get me some sides to go with that duck. Man can't live on duck alone ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    My dog would have eaten it right on the spot. She doesn't share. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Mine too^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mine too^^^^^^^^^^
    Mine too, she's a selfish B....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mine too^^^^^^^^^^
    Mine too, she's a selfish B....
    She must be a democrat ;)

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    No fortune cookie either?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Or Saki?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    When I was a kid, my grandmother lived across the street.  I remember her dog coming trotting down the road with a loaf of bread in his mouth....... in the plastic bag.  Someone must have been getting their groceries out of the car and he swiped it when they went inside.  Same dog would push a chair over to the counter so he could get to the bananas (which he figured out how to peel open).  He also would hide food for later--found chocolates, cookies, rolls, etch under the couch cushions and behind pillows.  Black cocker spaniel.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    it would have been tea and mooncakes, i dont think my neighbors eat fortune cookies ;) ill ask next time though i wont ask the pretty pissed off'ed wife =)
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    Options
    When I was a kid, my grandmother lived across the street.  I remember her dog coming trotting down the road with a loaf of bread in his mouth....... in the plastic bag.  Someone must have been getting their groceries out of the car and he swiped it when they went inside.  Same dog would push a chair over to the counter so he could get to the bananas (which he figured out how to peel open).  He also would hide food for later--found chocolates, cookies, rolls, etch under the couch cushions and behind pillows.  Black cocker spaniel.
    With his ambition, I would have tried to teach that rascal to cook ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    hey guys, thanks for starting this morning off with a laugh.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @fishlessman  

While I feel for the awkward position this put you in with the neighbor, I've got to be honest, that just adds to the hilarity of the story.

Thanks for the chuckle.  Great way to start a Monday. 

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    blasting said:
    @fishlessman  

While I feel for the awkward position this put you in with the neighbor, I've got to be honest, that just adds to the hilarity of the story.

Thanks for the chuckle.  Great way to start a Monday. 

this is going to cost me a fresh caught salmon and a bottle of crown apple, and hopefully a week takes the edge off =)
    fukahwee maine

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Hilarious!  Bad dog ha!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Sounds like that dogs a fetcher!!  A good fetcher!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I think this tread deserves a good picture of your dog....and we must learn of his or her name. I see a legend in the making. B)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Sounds like that dogs a fetcher!!  A good fetcher!!
    he brings me things =)

fukahwee maine

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

I am guessing you have a well trained retriever that uses excellent discipline, for that you should reward.

Carry on

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Is that a large munsterlander breed?  Looks just like my buddy's bird dog.  Except "Duchess" came home with the neighbor's cat in her mouth.  :( 

My dog loves antlers too......husky/lab/shepard mix.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    That's very funny.  We had a dog do this once when I was a kid.  More recently, ehem, probably about sixteen years ago, we had a brown bear snag one of our king salmon we caught in our commercial net from the back of my truck (we were selling reds so we kept any KS we got for personal use).  We were making trips back and forth to our skiff with our 4-wheeler and our first thought was that maybe someone had swiped it.  It was kind of dark around, 1-2 AM, but when I returned the next day I could see the black garbage bag ripped up in the nearby trees and clear evidence that a bear had been there.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Usually ducks are bigger than my 2 dogs.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Is that a large munsterlander breed?  Looks just like my buddy's bird dog.  Except "Duchess" came home with the neighbor's cat in her mouth.  :( 

My dog loves antlers too......husky/lab/shepard mix.
    this one is a french brittany, epagneul breton. this one is real birdy, live birds, cooked birds, doesnt seem to matter =)  different coloration than american britts

fukahwee maine

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Heck the duck was probably bigger then my 15 pound dog.  All she keeps bringing in the house is dead mice that she catches in our yard. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I think this tread deserves a good picture of your dog....and we must learn of his or her name. I see a legend in the making. B)
    probably my favorite pic, shows the excitement level this dog has. gordie's tripp de plum creek, or simply gordie

fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If I were you, I'd keep Gordie on a short leash for a week or two. LOL. 

Why do Brits look so mischievous? Mine sure does (and IS!!!).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So your gramma bought that story?! ;)

Was her dog mad at you for blaming him when your gramma found your stash? :lol:
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Sounds like a good dog. My friend's dog only brings back uncooked ducks.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    How long did it take you to train him to bring back the neighbors food? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Lol
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin