Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jessie's Grill

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Where can I find a gasser like that?  Like Jesse's grill!
    Flint, Michigan
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Jessie is a friend
    Was a good good friend of mine
    But lately something's changed it ain't hard to define
    Jessie's got himself a grill and I want to make it mine

And I'm watching him grill Rib-eyes
    And he's rubbing them down with Meat Church I just know it
    And he's smoking some pork butts late late at night

You know I wish that I had Jessies Grill
    I wish the I had Jessie's grill
    Where can I find a cooker like that

I'll play along with the charade
    My wife says my Weber is just fine
    But I feel so dirty when I see him pouring lump
    I really wanna love my gasser but I know that I'm a chump

And I'm watching him grill rib-eyes
    And he's rubbing them down with meat church I just know it
    And he's smoking some pork butts late late and night

(sing it with me)

I wish that I had Jessie's Grill!

lol - busy morning?
    Phoenix 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Rick Springfield made some poor financial decisions if he cannot currently afford Jessie's grill.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    Dang, a slow day in Central Texas??? :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    That's pretty funny, we'll done!
  • ha ha. yeah, been on the road for weeks and I'm finally back in the comfy confines of the home office. Appears I had some pent up goofiness from all the corporate shilling I've been doing lately.

• Eggcelsior
    ha ha. yeah, been on the road for weeks and I'm finally back in the comfy confines of the home office. Appears I had some pent up goofiness from all the corporate shilling I've been doing lately.

You should have heard me last night whoring it out at a dinner-meeting. I needed 2 showers afterwards.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Well played ... thanks for the laugh.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• ha ha. yeah, been on the road for weeks and I'm finally back in the comfy confines of the home office. Appears I had some pent up goofiness from all the corporate shilling I've been doing lately.

You should have heard me last night whoring it out at a dinner-meeting. I needed 2 showers afterwards.
    I'm proud of you my progressive grasshopper.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Now I have that song stuck in my head.  Thank you vary much.  ;)
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Now I have that song stuck in my head.  Thank you vary much.  ;)
    me too. crap.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    me three.Damn you.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• That song is insidious. Make it stop!!!!

• Eggcelsior
    My coworker is humming it now  =)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I had my wife singing it a few weeks ago when I showed her that picture. One of her fav songs to karaoke to.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:
    I had my wife singing it a few weeks ago when I showed her that picture. One of her fav songs to karaoke to.
    now she has new words for it :)

• Ladeback69
    But, you know, I needed a good laugh after how this week has gone.  Thank you @The Cen-Tex Smoker.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Saw Rick Springfield in concert a few years ago. At a...wait for it...conference for fund-raisers. That's right, Rick has graduated to playing for hundreds of America's best fundraisers. While I am a Higher-Ed fundraiser and I think it's truly the best gig in the world (long story for another time) I couldn't help but feel for the mid 80's mega star. He still had a bad hair cut and the 40 something moms were still screaming for him. It was quite the scene man.

From that evening (not my photo, from AFP's website):

Rick Springfield

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Ladeback69
    Paging Doctor Noah Drake, Doctor Noah Drake.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • ksmyrl said:
    Saw Rick Springfield in concert a few years ago. At a...wait for it...conference for fund-raisers. That's right, Rick has graduated to playing for hundreds of America's best fundraisers. While I am a Higher-Ed fundraiser and I think it's truly the best gig in the world (long story for another time) I couldn't help but feel for the mid 80's mega star. He still had a bad hair cut and the 40 something moms were still screaming for him. It was quite the scene man.

Rick Springfield

What a time for music the 80's was. Sammy Hagar writes "I've done everything for you" and it's a bomb. Rick covers it after Jessie's girl to try to keep the mojo going and it shoots to #1. So Sammy re-releases it and they are both getting airplay with the same song at the same time! I was so confused.

• ksmyrl said:

Rick Springfield

I can just see it now. Rick says "I hope you don't mind but we are going to play a few new songs we've been working on- we are real excited about them and we hope you like them"....Everyone goes to the bar en masse.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Had me singing along Cen Tex :get_outta_here: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    actually Rick is killer live and still does quite well touring every year.  still gets to do all the talk show rounds when releasing new music......he is the headliner this year on a tour that also features loverboy and the romantics as openers.

if you ever get a chance to see him live you should do it. 
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • msloan said:
    actually Rick is killer live and still does quite well touring every year.  still gets to do all the talk show rounds when releasing new music......he is the headliner this year on a tour that also features loverboy and the romantics as openers.

I would totally go see that assuming any of the original people are in the bands. I saw a show with "Journey" and "Boston" advertised last year. Not a single original band member remaining. Steve Perry can't sing any more and neither can the dude from Boston...because he is Dead. 

Glorified cover bands paying royalties to use the name.

• Eggcelsior
    msloan said:

I would totally go see that assuming any of the original people are in the bands. I saw a show with "Journey" and "Boston" advertised last year. Not a single original band member remaining. Steve Perry can't sing any more and neither can the dude from Boston...because he is Dead. 

HEY MAN! SCREEEEWWWW YOU.

JOURNEY FO"EVA

https://youtu.be/Ip4F9fGHZ00?t=4m14s
  • Eggcelsior

It's not the same. :cries:
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    msloan said:

I saw Boston last year. You are forgetting about Tom Scholz....

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That's damn funny except for the part about that insidious song being stuck in my head now.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    OMG, I have tears in my eyes!  Well played. 

Rick Springfield was the first concert I went to. Metro Center, Rockford, IL.  I was probably 12 or 13. My Mom took me. She loved him on her Soaps. 
    Clinton, Iowa