Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bought my LBGE today!

Options

Well after eighteen years with no grll, I bought a LBGE! Now I had better get on the contractor, to get started on building my deck. Also picked up a small gas grill as a companion, to go with the egg. The plan is to have a cooking station for both grills, a cooler, and sink. Pictures will follow, when work is all dine.

I've been following the forum's the last couple of months, you all are just an amazing "family" forum!!

Sarasota,Fl.  Just me and Miles, the Boston Terrier, a and LBGE

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and to the lifestyle! Many will suggest the your gasser will eventually become a storage container for the eggcessories you will surely acquire.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase.
    I have had a gas grill in the past. The gas grill was used primarily to grill corn. I liked it because I could pour a little water on the corn as it cooked to create steam.
    (Water and the BGE don't play well together  when used as described above)
    I think you will enjoy the BGE lifestyle.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome - congrats on aquiring the LBGE. I like having a gasser,, as @GregW says can't beat a gasser for cooking/steaming corn. SWMBO is not a big fan of smoked veggies so we often do them on the gasser. It is without doubt the best warming oven there is - if I can actually use it with all the extra grids stored in it - so see, everyone is right on!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    Welcome to the asylum 

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    Congrats on the egg. Take the gasser back before you use it.
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    Congrats. There is a time and place for all sorts of grills. We like having a gas grill for quick cooks.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Congratulations on your new BBQs. I have 4 BGES, 2 Vision Grill Kubs but I still use my Fire Magic gasser. Just another tool in the toolbox!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Welcome. 18 years without a grill. Remember the most important part is to have fun learning to use the egg. Won't be long until you have two or three BGE's. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Welcome. Take that gasser back and get that Blackstone griddle everyone here is salivating over for $240. 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Many suggest junking the gas grill, but if you want a gasser go with it.  
  • SmokeLife
    SmokeLife Posts: 64
    Options
    My weber makes a great storage cabinet for my plate setter and eggsessories. You will love your egg.
    Large BGE
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy. The cost to get in, is no where near the cost to stay in. Have fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Take it slow and burn a bag of lump learning where temps are. A quick word of advice if you havent had a grill for awhile. Anything over 325 just crack the bottom vent with no top Under add the daisy wheel and adjust. There is more info here than you can absorb.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.