Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How I move my egg.

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
Had to do it again today in preparation of the deck. So I took some pics because some here seem to be scared of it. All I do is remove the guts, thermo, and cap. Then I run a ratchet strap vertically around it, through the handle but over the hinge. Then we lift with the hinge and handle. I definitely wouldn't walk far like this but for a few feet and into/ out of a table it works for me. 
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,815
    Here is how I move mine brother miah.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    LMAO @sgh !!!   No overkill at all

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,815
    LMAO @sgh !!!   No overkill at all
    You know, the first thing my wife said was that the tractor was a bit overkill. Glad to here that you are on my side with this one! Hey, they are both green. Thought that they kind of went hand in hand together. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Me thinks you should get a bigger tractor, just to be safe...
    Phoenix 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    You are a very strong man @Jeremiah

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's