Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Countdown to Georgia Mountain Eggfest--1 Week To Go

Options
Next weekend is what I consider to be one of the premier eggfests--The Georgia Mountain EggFest--great setting and it gets bigger and better every year.   So if you are sitting on the fence, or on the couch, get your rear in gear and head to Hiawassee next weekend.  Stop by and say Hi, you can't miss the Tiger Paw apron and orange balloons.  

More info on the fest can be found here:

http://mountainegg.com/

We will be serving up some ABT's, Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp and Grits, Cuban Sandwiches and Thin Crust Grilled Pizzas.

See ya there.

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'd be there with SHMBO but I'm walking my Daughter down the Isle! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    We'll be there. Really looking forward to it. Hopefully the forecast changes. Well be sure to stop by and say hi. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    @buckeye--congrats.  Hope your family has a weekend to remember forever.
  • s_claus
    s_claus Posts: 74
    Options
    Looking forward to my first eggfest.

HO HO HO
    LBGE in Lawrenceville, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    We'll stop by for some Cubans. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Jeremiah Didn't look. What's the forecast showing?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    We'll be there. Looking forward to seeing you all!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    In there like swim wear. Can't wait. Bringing two non egg couples. This is my first egg fest. What should we expect for the pot luck? Should I bring some protein to cook or just some great sides? 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I'd be there with SHMBO but I'm walking my Daughter down the Isle! 
    Some things have priority! Congrats to you and your daughter!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I will be there with Piney & Hotch. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokinTiger81
    Options
    We better start doing our "anti-rain" dances early this week--currently showing 80% chance thunderstorms.  .
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    We better start doing our "anti-rain" dances early this week--currently showing 80% chance thunderstorms.  .
    I am in the same boat for our daughter's big day! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    We will be there sharing shed #13 with Kelley and Bruce. Will be a great time.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    I can't wait!  I sure hope the forecast has been wrong, just like what happened in Athens.  Looking forward to cooking with you and Shelly, @Hotch!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Well heck, we're neighbors.  We will be in #11.  See you Saturday, or hopefully Friday night
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

Dang it!  Just got word that I'll be sitting in a theater downtown Atlanta with a last second dance competition that my daughter's studio signed up for.

One of these days I'll make it up there!  @Egret - I bought my egg up there last year but got stuck in Helen coming to pick it up....  Ya'll we calling asking where in the world I was!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Hotch
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    We'll be there. Really looking forward to it. Hopefully the forecast changes. Well be sure to stop by and say hi. 
    @Jeremiah That was Party at F10 on Thursday evening, correct? We may stop by.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    In there like swim wear. Can't wait. Bringing two non egg couples. This is my first egg fest. What should we expect for the pot luck? Should I bring some protein to cook or just some great sides? 

@ksmyrl Bring what you wish for the meet and greet. Either or both.It's all good.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @Hotch Friday. We're the after party to the meet and greet!  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    I thought you had to buy tickets in advance so going last minute is not a good thing.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    You can still order tickets online, and you can buy on site day of for this one--unlike Eggtoberfest in Atlanta in October where it sells out a couple weeks in advance..
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rain or Shine I'm looking forward to it!  A CAT5 wouldn't stop me!  I'm in countdown mode. I'm totally stoked to meet y'all and to see and eat some stellar egged food. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    I'm super excited it has been normal summer pattern for weather here 80's quick shower and some thunder past couple days not bad, but we will be there I!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    My wife and I will be attending.  Hope to meet some folks.  Attended last year after I got my first egg!  It rained last year and it didn't stop the party.  
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Hotch
    Options

Well we are packed and loaded to the gills. I think we have everything but the sofa. This year we will be cooking a few quick and simple items with our home spun BBQ sauces.

Last is to ice up the coolers and load all the goodies. Making one stop on the way, Lodge Manf in Pittsburg TN to pickup a few cast iron pieces. Will be heading out in the morning.

@Piney give me a ring and I will give you a hand if needed.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am going next year. My niece is getting married Saturday and both of my kids are in the wedding.  I hope all of you going have a great time. Hopefully the rain will hold off! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Hotch
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Hotch said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @Hotch Friday. We're the after party to the meet and greet!  =)

@Jerimiah Friday it is. Thanks,
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • rolltidesmoker
    Options
    This will be my first eggfest, looking forward to it.  Also hit theyolksonyou ticket sweep stakes. Thanks again.  See ya'll Friday night
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Hotch said:

Well we are packed and loaded to the gills. I think we have everything but the sofa. This year we will be cooking a few quick and simple items with our home spun BBQ sauces.

Last is to ice up the coolers and load all the goodies. Making one stop on the way, Lodge Manf in Pittsburg TN to pickup a few cast iron pieces. Will be heading out in the morning.

@Piney give me a ring and I will give you a hand if needed.

Lenoir, N.C.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Thanks Hotch! I think SGH will be there too. I will call you tomorrow 
    Lenoir, N.C.