Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings, Ribs and Beer ... What a Friday!

Beautiful sunny day, visiting some friends out of town, so yup, the MiniMax's presence was requested. Doing wings (fried), ribs, potato salad and cooler packed full with home brew.  Two racks on the MiniMax. All rolled up and going strong. May even top the night off by firing up a couple Cuban ropes later. 
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Solid day and evening plan. Hope you enjoy it!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Ok got my curiosity! What's a Cuban rope?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Oh. Haha. Rope is slang for a cigar. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • jabam
    Greeno55 said:
    Oh. Haha. Rope is slang for a cigar. 
    Learn something new every day!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Greeno55
    2.5 hours later, @Mickey 's turbo method, and look and that bone creep. Why do L&S anymore? About to sauce. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Greeno55 said:
    2.5 hours later, @Mickey 's turbo method, and look and that bone creep. Why do L&S anymore? About to sauce. 
    Simple....the chew.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very nice cook. Turbo Rules!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @SkinnyV  See that bite is what I want in ribs both pork & beef. Not a fan at all of fall-off-the-bone. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Greeno55
    @Mickey - you are so right! A buddy asked me how those ribs would stand up to "fall off the bone" texture. He just doesn't understand a good rib needs bite, then comes off the bone. So good. Turbo rocks! Sorry, no plated
    pics. Too many beers to think of plated pics. For those with not enough grill space, roll your ribs!!!
  • Greeno55
    Sorry, pic didn't attach. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Outstanding egging on a Friday! Cheers buddy!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Greeno55
    Thanks @NPHuskerFL - now the evening truly begins!
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    oh yes perfect Friday night looks great im jealous enjoy
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    This is my favorite post tonight. I'm guessing baby backs, right? I'm gonna try and attempt a copy on Sunday. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Never seen rolled ribs!  That is a great space saver. Idea will make the wife happy since I can put off buying an AR a little longer!  Thinking good Christmas present!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Greeno55
    Jeremiah said:
    This is my favorite post tonight. I'm guessing baby backs, right? I'm gonna try and attempt a copy on Sunday. 
    I will be disappointed if you don't!
  • Greeno55
    LKNEgg said:
    Never seen rolled ribs!  That is a great space saver. Idea will make the wife happy since I can put off buying an AR a little longer!  Thinking good Christmas present!
    I've wondered if it could be done, googled, and got the thumbs up from @DMW and @SGH  a couple of solid chaps to listen to. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Looks like the ribs turned out, nice job!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks like a winner to me brother :clap: 
    Solid all the way around.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jabam
    Thought about trying the rolled ribs myself. You may have just convinced me!!
  • Greeno55
    Nowhere near the end of the night, but the next logical step...
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Looks like a great night!
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    That looks great @Greeno55  , do you have to flip them when you cook them rolled up like that?
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Greeno55
    I did flip it half way through simply to be comfortable with the heat. It worked out white well. 1 hour, flip, 2 hour, take off, pull out stone and open vent for 5 mins, put ribs back on on and sauce quickly on each aode over 15 mins and eat.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598

Nice job @Greeno55, some fine looking ribs right there!   :c

Sudbury, Ontario
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    I think the title of your post is an understatement..Flippen Awesome..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....