Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kebroak reasonable price $39.99 for 40 pound bag...

Options
@mahenryak thread regarding FOGO (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180377/variations-in-fogo-lump-bags#latest) - brought to mind a buy for Canucks, Amazon Canada has Kebroak 40# for $39.99 (that's less than $33 for our American cousins) delivered. The 20# is $41.44. Go figure! I ordered 2 of the 40# bags last month and was very happy with the size and performance. Some have complained about chips and dust due to rough handling, but mine was pristine. 
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    Just tried....won't let me ship to TX....ba$tards
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Angus1978 - that is too bad, I see the US price is $43.99 - no idea why this would be on sale in Canuckistan....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    thanks cost me $200....LOL great price can believe i just purchased charcoal online,..  
    Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Is it good?  I have been using the stuff from Costco, green and white bags for $12 for 17lbs I think and its been very good.  
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    Is it good?  I have been using the stuff from Costco, green and white bags for $12 for 17lbs I think and its been very good.  
    Basque, Natures Own? It is good - The best we see here on the left coast is $18 for Basques Sugar Maple, the Kebroak is about the same price per Kg and is also very good, not worth you buying mind you, but still very good, 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    thanks cost me $200....LOL great price can believe i just purchased charcoal online,..  
    Lots of things I can be blamed for, but this is not one of them....
  • YYZegger
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    Basque, Natures Own? It is good - The best we see here on the left coast is $18 for Basques Sugar Maple, the Kebroak is about the same price per Kg and is also very good, not worth you buying mind you, but still very good, 
    Yes, that is the stuff I have been buying, I am pretty sure it is $12.99 which is pretty reasonable I think.  It creates very little ash, and starts up so quickly I'm very surprised.  Nice big chunks also. You did get my interest with your post though!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @YYZegger - so how long have you “lived" in Malton’s shadow (YYZ - refuse to call it Pearson - nothing would be named after politicians if it wasn’t for other politicians)?
    Once you get past the lake head - Canadian lump gets expensive, market size and shipping cost I think. Envy your <$13 a bag for a great product. 

• YYZegger
    Options
    @YYZegger - so how long have you “lived" in Malton’s shadow (YYZ - refuse to call it Pearson - nothing would be named after politicians if it wasn’t for other politicians)?
    Once you get past the lake head - Canadian lump gets expensive, market size and shipping cost I think. Envy your <$13 a bag for a great product. 

I actually live in the Beaches area, East end of Toronto. YYZ = Toronto to me more than Pearson, Like when I think of YVR = Vancouver not Richmond.  I like airport codes for some reason??? Haha. Been living in Toronto for about 25 years now, grew up in Hamilton Ont. Are you from Montreal, or just a Habs fan?  I guess the prices are pretty good here compared to the West coast.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @YYZegger - The Beaches is a very nice area as I recall, SWMBO Aunt and Uncle lived there 30 years ago, only there once.

Funny how we think about airports. I always liked the names, not the city designation, YUL=Dorval, YOW=Uplands, ORD=Orchard (O’Hare), YVR=Sea Island or Minoru...Favourite is CVG=Covington, Kentucky, which is actually Cincinnati Ohio’s airport - not even in Ohio. See, you are not alone. 
    Grew up an army brat in Kingston where most folks were either fans of the Bruins or Leaf’s.  Watching the black and white box as a kid thru the ’56-’60 Stanley cup run, it was easy to be a Hab’s fan - just stuck with them. Go Habs!
  • YYZegger
    Options
    @YYZegger - The Beaches is a very nice area as I recall, SWMBO Aunt and Uncle lived there 30 years ago, only there once.

Funny how we think about airports. I always liked the names, not the city designation, YUL=Dorval, YOW=Uplands, ORD=Orchard (O’Hare), YVR=Sea Island or Minoru...Favourite is CVG=Covington, Kentucky, which is actually Cincinnati Ohio’s airport - not even in Ohio. See, you are not alone. 
    Grew up an army brat in Kingston where most folks were either fans of the Bruins or Leaf’s.  Watching the black and white box as a kid thru the ’56-’60 Stanley cup run, it was easy to be a Hab’s fan - just stuck with them. Go Habs!
    Yes, I like the area a lot, its sort of like Kitsilano in Van without the ocean and mountains, haha.  Those are some good airport codes, the US has tons of them!  The Habs have a huge following here in Ontario also, I took my daughter to a Leafs and Habs game last year and there was almost more red in the stands than blue, I was quite surprised!  I'm a Leafs Fan unfortunately, always have been.. Maybe next year we always say!  Just got back from Costco tonight, bought some more Charcoal, yup it is $12.99, I really love this stuff.
    Gonna do my first pulled pork this weekend also, Costco in Canada kinda sucks for Briskets and Pork Butts, they just dont seem to see here.  They did have these butts that were pre marinated bone in that I have never seen before, I bought one, will post how it went later in the weekend.
    Nice chatting with you, have a great weekend.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Just ordered a 40lb bag. Thanks for the information Skiddy I hope the pieces are bigger than the maple leaf lump I get thru home hardware. Love the free shipping.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @CANMAN1976 - reading the reviews, many did complain about the condition of the packaging and the chips and dust, which many thought was due to the carrier kicking it around. Mine was delivered by UPS and the packages were in great shape. The poly bag of lump was wrapped in crumpled paper to cushion the ride and the cardboard box was in perfect condition. So far, have had a good mix of sizes. Speaking of Maple Leaf - the last bag I had was pretty awful, it was about ½ chips and dust. Guess that’s the price we pay for living on the outer fringes, eh? 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    @CANMAN1976 - reading the reviews, many did complain about the condition of the packaging and the chips and dust, which many thought was due to the carrier kicking it around. Mine was delivered by UPS and the packages were in great shape. The poly bag of lump was wrapped in crumpled paper to cushion the ride and the cardboard box was in perfect condition. So far, have had a good mix of sizes. Speaking of Maple Leaf - the last bag I had was pretty awful, it was about ½ chips and dust. Guess that’s the price we pay for living on the outer fringes, eh? 
    I agree Skiddy my last few batches of ML were in horrible shape,60-70% smaller than an inch with maybe one or two grapefruit size pieces.Burnt thru it pretty quick because of the size. Hopefully this stuff will become my new go to charcoal especially if the free shipping continues.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).