Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie, Multitasking-Bacon, Chicken, Ribeyes, Yum

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
First post but been lurking since Father's Day last year when SWMBO got me a Large BGE.  Awesome gift!  I've got to THANK all of you who post most excellent advice and take time to answer beginner questions!!  Thanks to you most of my cooks have been delicious.  Thank You!!!  Smoked 8# of homemade bacon that is in save mode for an upcoming hunting trip.  Then 2 Asian marinated chicken breasts indirect that my better half put in a SW salad :) and then Ribyes direct for dinner.  Love my BGE and this forum!  Looking forward to meeting some of you Eggsperts at the N. GA Mountain Eggfest in a couple weeks!!  And hoping the Knob Creek helps this post properly!  Pics seem to be in random order??
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Dang-most eggcellent post.  Strong start right there-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Gotta admit-your SWMBO pay-back has got to be off the charts :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Awesome looking cooks..Once again Welcome...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Thank you kindly!  Payback has doubled the fun!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    BBN Rules!
    great looking cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Welcome.. Great looking cook 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Great Bump !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • FlyOverCountry
    FlyOverCountry Posts: 665
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just thought I'd resurrect Nicole's first cook posted by @bgebrent.  S(he) started out with a home run.
    Thanks for bringing this back. With his first post, he showed how humble and grateful he was to the people here. Didn't change when he became the forum regular with over 19k posts. Went back and looked at his comments on my cooks and realized I sort of took him for granted. Kidded about the 2018 Outback Bowl and he marked my snarky remark with 'Like'. I see the photos of him and his smile makes me smile. I will miss seeing his posts. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    thetrim said:
    Just thought I'd resurrect Nicole's first cook posted by @bgebrent.  S(he) started out with a home run.
    Thanks for bringing this back. With his first post, he showed how humble and grateful he was to the people here. Didn't change when he became the forum regular with over 19k posts. Went back and looked at his comments on my cooks and realized I sort of took him for granted. Kidded about the 2018 Outback Bowl and he marked my snarky remark with 'Like'. I see the photos of him and his smile makes me smile. I will miss seeing his posts. 
    John, You would've loved hanging out w/ him! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    thetrim - sent you a PM

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Was going to bump this one and saw that someone else had already beaten me to it. 

Bacon, chicken breasts and ribeye. The trinity. Great cook Brent/Nicole!
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Wow now that’s a first cook post right there. Will miss seeing his cooks.
    Dyersburg, TN