Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swine Is Fine!!!!!

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
These are Italian Marche region traditional Porchetta's. The pigs are always seasoned with wild fennel, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, la saporita and Verdicchio white wine.

Those were in Rome Termini station.

Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that is a fine looking suckling right there. Impressive all the way around. Excellent cook :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Speechless 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Wow! Just wow!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Okay...I have to ask.  Are the cooks y'all have posted the last few weeks all recent cooks?  If they are, y'all can totally out eat @SGH.  

Oh...awesome freaking cook, once again.  Very very impressive!!   :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    cazzy said:
     If they are, y'all can totally out eat @SGH
    True heavyweight eaters. I have never met these fellows, but I like them already for their eating habits.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    How did I miss this post in 2015?
    Amazing!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    where did the @cookn biker  and @cazzy  go? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Molly and Enrico opened an Italian restaurant, Carbonella Creations, in Colorado Springs a couple of years ago. I suspect they have little time for forum activity. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Good for them that is awesome!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    A quick google search reveals that they are closed. Looks like they had great reviews.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Apparently, that's the original location. Further googling reveals a new address. Dunno if that's open or not. Hope so!  

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Wish I had a chance to try the restaurant out.  See @Canugghead 's update below.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Sad to share Enrico passed few years ago.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Carl (Cazzy) is someone I still keep in touch with.  He’s doing well.  Check out Zepeda Craft Barbecue online.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Sad to share Enrico passed few years ago.
    Ah man.  I remember some of his amazing cooks.  Very sad news indeed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    What about @ScottyTooHotty? Guy used to swoop in only occasionally with some mighty tight cooks. Says he was last active in May.