Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork chops are the best chops, minus karate chops

Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
I can't cross Mr. Miyagi, so there's that.

Otherwise, I did some little ole' chops last night for dinner. I hit up Wegmans and snagged 2 center-cut chops, each 2 inches thick(custom cut). I brined them 2 hours in a relatively simple solution.

I rinsed and patted them dry, then rubbed them with Oakridge Competition Blend. I Let them sit while the egg came up to temp with hickory and pecan for smoke.

While they got all happy with the rub down, I mixed up a honey mustard glaze.

I smoked them at 250 until 120 internal, then brought the egg to 500 for the sear/glazing.

Just the smoking gave them a nice color, but I wanted a party in my mouth and they were invited.

I seared them for about 2 minutes per side, flipping every 30 seconds and glazing each flip. Took them to 140.

Forgot to clarify: I only glazed one because SWMBO wanted hers unadorned.

FORK YOU!!!!!!!!

Wax on, wax off.

Served up with leftover glazed drizzled on top, sautéed spinach, beans, and because I'm not pretentious, tater tots.

This thing was amazing with incredible layers of flavor. Hell, it's better than steak.

@sgh, I formatted this as I indicated in your post. Broken clocks are right twice a day, or whatever.

Comments