Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    @kl8ton, my best wishes for a speedy recovery for you baby girl. You really feel helpless when your kids are sick...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just got home from a ceremony held for all the teachers of the year in our county.  My bride was the teacher of the year for her school this year, I'm super proud of her.  
    Kudos to her.  Teacher of the year among the other teachers of the year means a lot.  Best of the best right there!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just got home from a ceremony held for all the teachers of the year in our county.  My bride was the teacher of the year for her school this year, I'm super proud of her.  
    Kudos to her.  Teacher of the year among the other teachers of the year means a lot.  Best of the best right there!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks all.  Waiting on an ultra sound
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    So my little girl is not getting better. 

I took her to the doctor Friday.  They did strep and urine test.  Sent both to lab.  They said lab would call if they found anything. 

She is miserable all weekend.  I stayed home to be with her during a wedding Saturday and then we canceled her birthday party Sunday.  . . She turned 4.

I call doctor today to see if we can get in and if they have the results for the tests.  They schedule her for the morning to do another urine test because the lab shows they never received urine test.  

My wife doesn't want to wait any longer.  She takes her to urgent care.  Within an hour they say something is wrong with urine test and send her to ER. 

This doctor racket is a bunch of BS.

@kl8ton praying your little one gets better.  I always hate when mine are sick and there's hardly no way to help them. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    So my little girl is not getting better. 

I took her to the doctor Friday.  They did strep and urine test.  Sent both to lab.  They said lab would call if they found anything. 

She is miserable all weekend.  I stayed home to be with her during a wedding Saturday and then we canceled her birthday party Sunday.  . . She turned 4.

I call doctor today to see if we can get in and if they have the results for the tests.  They schedule her for the morning to do another urine test because the lab shows they never received urine test.  

My wife doesn't want to wait any longer.  She takes her to urgent care.  Within an hour they say something is wrong with urine test and send her to ER. 

This doctor racket is a bunch of BS.

@kl8ton praying your little one gets better.  I always hate when mine are sick and there's hardly no way to help them. 
    Yes this sucks. 

My wife is with her.  I am at home with the other kids. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Tell her congratulations. It's great she's being recognized for her hard work and dedication. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @kl8ton Prayers out for your little girl.  Hope she gets and feels better soon!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Proud of her. I knew she was smart, she married you.
    Congratulations on the award. You are a very fortunate man.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @kl8ton
    Hang in there, dad. Suzy and I are pulling for your little princess. Hoping she gets better very soon. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    edited September 2017
    Options
    After all that.  They said she has UTI. At doctors office right now with her. I find it hard to believe it took a doc visit, urgent care visit and ER visit to diagnose UTI. 

I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,454
    Options
    For those interested, I have just been made aware that today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day."  
    Here's a Q related phrase:  "Cleave him to the brisket – to cut across the chest, from one shoulder to the lower abdomen."  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For those interested, I have just been made aware that today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day."  
    Here's a Q related phrase:  "Cleave him to the brisket – to cut across the chest, from one shoulder to the lower abdomen."  
    Surely with your previous career, talk like a pirate day is every day?
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @kl8ton great news. Y'all have been on my mind this morning. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @kl8ton glad you caught it when you did. Those, if untreated, can be horrible. Hoping for a very quick recovery, and she gets back to bossing you around.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    After all that.  They said she has UTI. At doctors office right now with her. I find it hard to believe it took a doc visit, urgent care visit and ER visit to diagnose UTI. 

Glad it turned out to be something relatively minor.  I had almost the identical situation with my daughter, with the same outcome. 

I think the ER and all the tests freak out the parents as much as the kid.

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Is it a problem if my surgeon said almost this exact thing?
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

Just bought a Casper Mattress.  Let's hope it lives up to the hype

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Glad they got to the bottom of it.. Hope turnaround is quick. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice fire pit. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Your dome didn't fall off and crack after you just re-assembled did it?  I am hoping that is a base with a hairline crack that you filed a warranty claim on.

Nice fire!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,216
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Your dome didn't fall off and crack after you just re-assembled did it?  I am hoping that is a base with a hairline crack that you filed a warranty claim on.

Nice fire!
    It's the old base. I'm not devastated. 
  • kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Nice fire!
    It's the old base. I'm not devastated. 
    are you going to be trying to one-up @SciAggie , @20stone , and @caliking
    with a cook over that?  

i got the pic of Raichlen's site.  . . not sure where he got it from.

Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,810
    Options
    just saw a political/mental break down rant in the supermarket parking lot. guy puts his groceries into the car, steps back and starts venting about trump and blowing up noko, starts following people, trying to stop them to vent, no ones even going to make eye contact with this guy, was still there when i came out =) first time ive seen this in real life. coo coo bananas
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options

Does this affect the lifetime warranty or an approved alternate fuel?
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,216
    Options
    The egg base is about 3/4 of coals/ash now. The exterior temp ranges from 327-454F near the bottom of the base and 540-603F near the top. Not too shabby. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Checking the air pressure in all cars tires after walking out and seeing one tire really low on the truck.  It was at 18 psi.  Hmmmmmm.......  was good 30 days ago.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.