Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Don't even think about messing with my bubbles!  

Growing up!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don't even think about messing with my bubbles!  

Growing up!
    Hard to believe she just turned three.  She'll be wanting the keys to the car next.  :bawling:
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Dude, I'm teaching my oldest to drive and suddenly he's nearly as tall as me. Enjoy every minute. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Some days business trips don't totally suck...

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Where are  you at @da87 ?   Looks a lot like where I stayed in Newport Beach.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hit the game winning shot yesterday and gets standing O at 8am class the next morning. 

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article140993023.html
    Congratulations on winning a very incredible game. Best of luck for the rest of the way. Represent the Region. 
    I hope Oregon decapitates your boys worse than they did KS.  Go Gamecocks now.
    Man you're saltier than a guy who lost a wing contest. 
    In some cases, sportsmanship is never allowed. I am thinking this must be one of those very cases. Losing in the last second is not what we handle very well. It sticks around for a long time. Seems like we have had enough practice at it though. 
    Having the Falcons blow that Super Bowl lead and now this, Brent's probably near stroke levels. 
    He is like every Kentucky fan, myself included, can't wait for October to get here so we can start the smack talk again in earnest.
    I will start now; Go ahead and etch our name on the Trophy next year. 40-0.
    We did not lose, we chose to delay the hanging of number 9 for just one more year.
    Brother Ron sounds a like you are enjoying your slushies early in the day...  =)
    Not yet, saving them for all our friends attending the NCBB, heck, even the Tar Heel Faithful will be welcome too. =)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Focker said:
    YukonRon said:
    Looking awesome Brandon!
    Thanks much my friend.  The reclaimed corn crib wood I originally planned had termites....a major buzzkill.  Plan B came out better than I envisioned.
    B looks awesome. I have a lot of friends that have used reclaimed wood with varying rates of success.  Your story, is very similar to most of the others, beautiful wood, but too many problems to risk using.

Frankly, I think that plan B turned out pretty sweet. Congrats!
    Ron, be safe out there. Sounds like you guys are getting pummeled. 

Yep.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Wondering why @nolaegghead's green egg thread was sunk this AM.  But on we go-
    I didn't realize it sunk, since I didn't give a sh*t about it, didn't check up on it, but then I found out when I read this.  (Thanks lou) 

Why.....

Hell if I know. 

Confirmation bias, maybe.

Perhaps the buffalo knows I race the inferior races like chump cars and lemons.  Maybe he likes Camaros, and I drive a german sprocket car.  Fk if I know. 

I'll tell you what, buffalo person, I drive, cook, live like I'm gonna die tomorrow.  Censor my posts, tuck your manhood between your legs and dance in the mirror like buffalo bill, but it will not break my spirit!!! 

And again, like I care.  Not.
    Options
    Another comment, if I may.  Someone like myself, who throws an unsanctioned fest every year with eggheads, promoting the brand, yada yada....  On year 4 with brisket camp.  year 3 with the big green eggheads at the crawfish competition.  Have a few posts here.  Think I may have something positive to add now and then.

What kind of rocket scientist automatically dumps my posts in the shitter who's supposed to be promoting his company?  I guess this one.  Brilliant. 

Seems pretty evident that the BGE corporation is on one side of the isle politically, and like Putin, seems to censor anyone they politically disagree with, even if it's non-political.  I've been playing around with this hypothesis, and it comes up 9/10 times in favor of censorship of moderate/left vs conservative posters.

Just an observation.

Options
    I'm gonna call up the company tomorrow and ask if they have a political bent.  I'll let everyone know what they say.  Me - If I ran any company, I'd be friggin Switzerland.  The business is selling grills, for chrissakes.
    Options
    Wondering what @nolaegghead was REALLY thinking in the wee hours of the morning.

....and what the hell he was doing up at that time (again).
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,238
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Wondering what @nolaegghead was REALLY thinking in the wee hours of the morning.

That's half the mystique of Nola.... waking up to see what randomness came out at 3am. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

At least he confirmed nothing bothers him! LOL! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,839
    Options
    Another comment, if I may.  Someone like myself, who throws an unsanctioned fest every year with eggheads, promoting the brand, yada yada....  On year 4 with brisket camp.  year 3 with the big green eggheads at the crawfish competition.  Have a few posts here.  Think I may have something positive to add now and then.

What kind of rocket scientist automatically dumps my posts in the shitter who's supposed to be promoting his company?  I guess this one.  Brilliant. 

Seems pretty evident that the BGE corporation is on one side of the isle politically, and like Putin, seems to censor anyone they politically disagree with, even if it's non-political.  I've been playing around with this hypothesis, and it comes up 9/10 times in favor of censorship of moderate/left vs conservative posters.

Just an observation.

from my posts getting deleted ive just assumed the buffalo has three members on the 9th circuit court of appeals =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Got a semi circular drip tray made and a spacer for the raised grid to fit round the back of the stone / drip tray. Total cost for the 'divide and conquer' lite around £25 for the stone (kiln shelf). The company who are doing a 21 cubic metre stainless steel sand silo for work did the metalwork gratis.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,839
    Options
    ordered some culantro seeds

Image result for culantro plant
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @YEMTrey you are spot on - Newport Beach Marriott.  Great eye!  One of our offices is in Irvine and bizarrely this hotel, with walking access to fashion island for dinner (not egg level, but good to be able to walk while in SoCal), is often one of the least expensive options.  This morning was even more beautiful, wind dropped...  Some business trips totally suck,  and others suck less.  This is one of the latter spots to come, but still time away from home and family that as is noted routinely on the forum you just can't get back.  I missed way too many of my kids events over the years...
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @fishlessman are you going to make sofrito? I have some aji dulce seeds I could send you.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

@da87 , was just there in May for work.  Took the wife with me and she enjoyed a day across the street at Fashion Island.  Pretty nice area, and the Whole Foods in Fashion Island has a really good craft beer selection. It’s absolutely beautiful there.  We extended our stay after my work was done.  Went on a whale watching cruise and also spent a day at Newport Beach.  Love to visit, but could not afford to live there!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Never heard of this place in my backyard.  You guys? I'm not much of a drinker. Supposed to be best in the nation?

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-carolina/tiny-brewery-nc/
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Never heard of this place in my backyard.  You guys? I'm not much of a drinker. Supposed to be best in the nation?

You are referring to the beer Matt? Just making sure you weren't going there yet with the basketball.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Another comment. . .

Just an observation.

I, too, initially considered the notion that The Buffalo's ire was directed more often against 'the left' rather than not.  (In example"Libtard" remarks, et al, seem invisible to Bison Eyes, so . . . )

I stopped myself there because I wondered - but don't know - if maybe it only seems that way because progressive Eggers post more poli-threads than do the reactionary Eggers.

Not empiric, just a thought that slows my roll before condemning/classifying The Buffalo's political bent.

Either way, I won't comment re this again - here - because this thread deserves preservation, IMO.
     :) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    Watching an AC/DC concert on AXS. Have the sound system turned up, rum and coke in hand getting ready to fire up Ol' Green for some burgers soon. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• tarheelmatt
    Options

You are referring to the beer Matt? Just making sure you weren't going there yet with the basketball.
    Yes, the beer.

Way too much ball to be played. Not sure if you remember, but my Heels lost the national title game last year on a buzzer beater. Oregon will be tough. Those dudes are beasts and can score at will. Gonzaga or USC are both tough as well. 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just fixed the first margarita of the new year. Warm enough out now to... oh eff it. I just wanted one. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options

Yes, the beer.

Way too much ball to be played. Not sure if you remember, but my Heels lost the national title game last year on a buzzer beater. Oregon will be tough. Those dudes are beasts and can score at will. Gonzaga or USC are both tough as well. 

Hoping for some great games.Enjoy the ride.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    I found drummies on sale for $0.59/lb this past weekend. So I picked up 10 packs. With having 10 packs to go through I ended up buying a chicken rack. I was seconded guessing myself if it was really something I needed. For $6 it was worth a try. I think I might actually enjoy this thing. 
    Sauced with Buffalo, Asain, and Parmesan. They turned out descent but this cook was more for my wife. Not much of a drummie fan myself. I shouldn't complain though
    as we are both full for $2
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @WeberWho said: Not much of a drummie fan myself.  :o 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    @WeberWho said: Not much of a drummie fan myself.  :o 
    Just never been much of a dark meat person. I don't dislike it but more of a breast man. ;) I do like wings though. I've sat and done 50 wings at Buffalo Wild Wings in the past. I'll eat the crap out of wings all day. Well maybe not all day. I tapped at 50. My buddy made it to 72. He's also 6 foot 6 though. My eggs have cooked more white chicken than anything else by a mile. Chicken is a staple here at the house. Just not so much dark meat. =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota