Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buyer Beware - Ceramic Grillworks of Pittsburgh

1235»

Comments

• No dog in the fight at all but I will say repeating the same thing more than once tends to loose credibility more times than not. Love or hate them I don't see where anything else positive either way can be achieved here. Just my 3 cents worth :) 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,191
    I use my two tier pretty much every cook.. When the XLs started warping, I emailed Franco and he guaranteed my rack then and there. I have a large. Haven't had to use the guarantee, since mine works perfectly. But his immediate email reply meant a lot, and I recommend his product every time I talk to eggers..
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• FlashkaBob
    FlashkaBob Posts: 373
    Perhaps the seller put a warranty on a product that the manufacturer has not. A lot of returns could bankrupt a guy in this case.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Here's my issue with the swing rack from CGW.  Grant it they replaced it, but I saw the replacement was going to have issues also..  So I sold it.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153062/cgs-2-tier-rack-question#latest
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    Anyone order a swing rack lately and get it in under two months? My girl friend ordered me one in February for my birthday and even paid for 2 day shipping (almost $60) to only find out after a week that they were back ordered 2 to 3 weeks. Well it's been 2 months and we haven't heard any thing.  At this point it's pointless for the 2 day shipping, she was told that would be refunded but has yet to happen.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,549
    I have refrained from commenting on this thread as many small businesses have some hiccups and I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    However, when you focus on the new customer and fail to take care of the ones who already bought your product (see many posts above) then you are in a down-hill spiral that likely won't end well.  
    I would suggest you get a full refund and look at the products here:
    http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com  BTW I own a swing rack-got it around 4 years ago.  FYI-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • yeah seems like this franco guy is not taking care of his customers. could be a supplier issue, but he could easily remedy that by refunding.

quick question, why didn't you make a claim through your credit card so they could refund you the money instead of waiting over a year? credit cards have buyer protection plans.

i bought an AR from CGS and am extremely glad i did so.

@fannin, cancel that order and order one from CGS
    Austin, Texas
  • Dunleav1
    Dunleav1 Posts: 5
    After I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Pittsburgh, I received a refund for the purchase price of the Swing Rack. The company gave some false information to the BBB about the communication between customer and company but I'm sure the BBB gets that all time. I provided a written record to the BBB of all the exchanges so the facts were clearly documented.

I did get a check and it did clear.

I wanted to provide a final summary to the stakeholders on this thread.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Good to see this matter has finally been resolved.  Shame it took soooooo long and that much effort - I'd say it was unacceptable.

Thanks for the follow-up.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA