Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK - I'll admit it - I don't like pumpkin pie!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    I'm in the "don't like pumpkin pie" camp too, but I do like other pumpkin recipes.  This recipe sounds great.  I've bookmarked it and will give it a try sometime.  Thanks!
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    Not a fan of the pumpkin pie but we do make a pumpkin pie cheesecake that is tasty
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    You people are weird.
    No Kidding!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Love it with a big scoop of Cool Whip on top =P~
    Jacksonville FL
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hate to tell you this RRP, but this IS a pumpkin "pie".

hmmm must be democrats that don't like pumpkin pie.  JK!!!  It is good with a bit of rum added, or pumpkin spice liqueur. Or just plain.  I have become a Whipped Cream snob as well - not a fan of Cool Whip. It has to be REAL whipped cream. Homemade is better. 
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    My wife makes it out of butternut squash, and it's always great.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    bboulier said:
    My wife makes it out of butternut squash, and it's always great.

hmmmm, bet that makes a strange looking jack-o-lantern too, huh? ;)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Options
    ta-da!!!

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Winner. This dessert is really good. I substituted heavy whipping cream for the cool whip. Other than waiting to complete the steps, this is easy peasy. perfect dessert for those with a sweet tooth. Thanks again for the recipe @RRP‌ :-bd
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    RRP said:

stemc33 said:

@RRP‌, can I use 2% milk?

Of course you can! I just have been off 2% milk for health reasons for years and only have 1% on hand but like to goose it up with half & half for this recipe...heck sometimes I've even used whipping cream with that 1%.

Now that's funny. You eat enough mayo and salt to choke a horse and yet you drink 1% milk "for health reasons". LOL

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP‌
    Brother I agree with you 99 percent of the time. But in honor of the 1 percent when I disagree with you, I'm fixing to eat the whole thing in one sitting my friend. And I mean the whole thing. Crumbs and all!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Winner. This dessert is really good. I substituted heavy whipping cream for the cool whip. Other than waiting to complete the steps, this is easy peasy. perfect dessert for those with a sweet tooth. Thanks again for the recipe @RRP‌ :-bd

you are welcome! Thanks for the feed back!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    caliking said:
    Add me to the list. I can't stand pumpkin pie.
    I also do not like pumpkin pie.  Pumpkins are for jack o' lanterns.

Now a nice apple pie, sans the crust, is what I like.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• RRP
    Options

Now that's funny. You eat enough mayo and salt to choke a horse and yet you drink 1% milk "for health reasons". LOL
    Michael - I hardly call a smear of mayo and a shake of salt on anything I fix something enough to "choke a horse". You, instead regularly attack me since you can't handle milk, salt, butter, pork, MOST pizza toppings, and many other ingredients - which I have learned to do!

Yes, I am a diabetic and I have been able to live with that and high blood pressure, but also lose and control my weight for 11 years now and even beat cancer so please quit attacking me. OK?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP‌
    Sir I'm glad to hear that you beat cancer my friend. What a terrible disease to say the least. I salute you sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Man you do get your shorts in a bunch don't you. Lighten up Francis.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Options
    Man you do get your shorts in a bunch don't you. Lighten up Francis.

Michael - you know good and well all the comments you have directed personally at me over the years. I'm sorry you can't handle the foods etc that I still can.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I think the reason most dislike pumpkin pie is the pre-seasoned filling. Never use pumpkin pie filling as it is already seasoned. Use pureed pumpkin and add your own seasoning. SWMBO does not like allspice, it is in almost all pumpkin pie fillings. Once we bought the pureed pumpkin she turned from a hater to a believer. For some it may be cinnamon or maybe nutmeg, just leave out what you do not like. 

Ron's looks good, not a pie, but good - except for the Cool Whip, can't stand that stuff, I'd use regular whipped cream or maybe some Kahlua flavoured cream from the whipping syphon. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I think the reason most dislike pumpkin pie is the pre-seasoned filling. Never use pumpkin pie filling as it is already seasoned. Use pureed pumpkin and add your own seasoning. SWMBO does not like allspice, it is in almost all pumpkin pie fillings. Once we bought the pureed pumpkin she turned from a hater to a believer. For some it may be cinnamon or maybe nutmeg, just leave out what you do not like. 

Ron's looks good, not a pie, but good - except for the Cool Whip, can't stand that stuff, I'd use regular whipped cream or maybe some Kahlua flavoured cream from the whipping syphon. 
    I love cinnamon and nutmeg, for me it's the taste of pumpkin I don't like.  I use cinnamon & nutmeg in my pancake batter as well as a few other secret ingredients.  My wife bought me some pumpkin flavored pre-made pancake mix.  Blech!!!  I never order pancakes for breakfast at restaurants because IMO, they taste like crap.  Buttermilk belongs in the sewer IMO.  I also make a wicked homemade peach ice cream with cinnamon & nutmeg.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.