Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey Chile Cornbread

Options
Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
edited September 2014 in Baking

Roasted up some hatch chile last night and threw them into this cornbread

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great. Just need a good pot of pinto beans and you have a meal!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • travisstrick
    Options
    That looks perfectly done.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Phatchris
    Options
    Came out really good , served with some chili and tears ... Boo to the Pats today :((
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Recipe?

Options
    paqman said:
    Recipe?

+1
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    I don't know how I missed this post but I did. Pone is one of my very favorites. I like to sit down and eat a whole pan of it with fresh honeycombs. Excellent looking pone brother Phat!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Phatchris
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Not my own recipe, I used the honey hush cornbread recipe from dinosaur bbq... Added roasted hatch chiles, Monterey Jack, whole corn... Went at 400 for about 30 mins in CI skillet.

• Phatchris
    Options
    @sgh fresh honeycombs sound fantastic , not going to lie I just googled cornbread egghead and got this recipe from dinosaur bbq. Good stuff served with some chili my sister inlaw made.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    Good is good my friend. It doesn't matter where the recipe comes from. Enjoy that fine looking pone. I know I would!!!!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Phatchris
    Options
    It's virtually impossible to find cornbread that isn't overly sweet in the Boston area, this did the trick with the addition of the Hatch chile.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    If you are looking for some not sweet southern style pone recipes I can hook you up. PM me your email and I will have my wife send you some good ones.

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =D> Very nice. I haven't done cornbread in ages. Sat down last night and took a bite of dinner and told Mrs. G that some cornbread would have gone nicely with it. Might have to make some this week after seeing yours.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings