Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Roast!

Options
Another successful dinner has come and gone!  3.5 pound rib roast, cooked bone in.  Rubbed it down with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of rosemary and let it sit overnight.  Cooked indirect until an internal temperature of 122.  Removed and tented while shifting the grill to direct heat and raising temperature to 650.  Seared top and bottom for 1-minute a side and tented once again for 15 minutes to allow the meat to rest. Total time was about 2 hours.  Fantastic!
I reserve the right to be better tomorrow than I am today!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    Excellent looking grub my friend. That's my kind of food right there. Nice job!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Reverse sear for rib roast - good choice - and what @SGH said!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    @Skiddymarker‌
    I agree my friend. It's very hard to beat the reverse sear on a rib roast. It's my go to method of choice.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.