Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jimmy Kimmels outdoor kitchen

Options
Jimmy Kimmel has a BGE built into his outdoor kitchen check it out on the left side by the brick pizza oven. 
The Gator Nation, Central Florida
LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
GO GATORS!!!

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I once ran into Jimmy @ a Dodger game, literally. I was walking and talking not paying attention to where i was going and stepped on his foot. Then proceeded to dump my two dogs and beer on the ground (just missing him).

At the time it sure wasn't funny ... ten years later - it's funnier than hell. lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Building in an Egg with not allowing ventilation below is a mistake made by wealthy people don't use an Egg-IMO.  I've had two customers in the past 3 months come in and want me to come and evaluate their Egg situation only to find they have had a over zealous masonry crew over build an Egg compartment with little or no bottom ventilation.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    Love the kitchen, but I'd expect a bit nicer patio from such a wealthy guy. :)

I know he's really big into making pizzas. Howard Stern was talking about a pizza party he had a few years back.
    Aurora,OH
  • VanDawg38
    Options
    Full Sail tap handle.  Can't fault that.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Also note the recessed lighting above the BGE, gasser and tap in the soffit. Nice looking set-up he has. Although I'd ditch the gasser and have more eggs. But, that's me. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Building in an Egg with not allowing ventilation below is a mistake made by wealthy people don't use an Egg-IMO.  I've had two customers in the past 3 months come in and want me to come and evaluate their Egg situation only to find they have had a over zealous masonry crew over build an Egg compartment with little or no bottom ventilation.

Looks like there may be a door there for air and ash....behind the chair?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks like this is his old house which he is now selling:

He hasn't lived there for about 5 years.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    Man I am in the wrong **** business.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    @DMW if I could afford to live in Cali I would try to buy it or at least squat there and use it while he goes through the eviction process...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That's a nice outdoor kitchen!  Look at the size of that gasser.
    Yeah, I would have had a more open/exposed egg but I'm sure it doesn't get much use. 
    The outdoor pizza oven...THAT is impressive.  
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That is nice.  It looks like there is a door in front of the egg.  I would think as long as the door is as big as the draft door on the egg it should be fine for air...but you have to cook with the door open.  I would just skip the door and leave an opening. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options

That is nice.  It looks like there is a door in front of the egg.  I would think as long as the door is as big as the draft door on the egg it should be fine for air...but you have to cook with the door open.  I would just skip the door and leave an opening. 

@SmokeyPitt‌ or with his money a temp controller maybe?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌ or with his money a temp controller maybe?
    With his money I would just hire Adam Perry Lang to cook my meals ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    Nice kitchen but no shade visible around any place to sit.  My guess is most of this has seen very little use.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @smokeypitt

ask and ye shall receive.

I'm guessing you know this, but this was shot at Kimmel's house.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Are you some kind of wizard???

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks for the video, I just picked up his book, I hope it's good. :)
    Aurora,OH
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Karola is a BIG Mangrates guy!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options

@smokeypitt

ask and ye shall receive.

I'm guessing you know this, but this was shot at Kimmel's house.
    Just watched it - man Carolla likes the sound of his own voice.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    I miss The Man Show with Kimmel and Carolla.  Interesting trajectory for the hosts after they left.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,035
    Options
    I heard @SGH promised he would pull strings and get an egg on a lateshow if @nolaegghead was let back on the forum.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I heard @SGH promised he would pull strings and get an egg on a lateshow if @nolaegghead was let back on the forum.
    In all seriousness, if that's what it would have took to get Nola unbuffaloed, I certainly would have given it a shot.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,035
    Options
    SGH said:
    In all seriousness, if that's what it would have took to get Nola unbuffaloed, I certainly would have given it a shot.  
    You are a good friend, sir.  Very good indeed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Thanks for the video, I just picked up his book, I hope it's good. :)

@NervousDad
    My favorite go to cookbook by far!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.