Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look who showed up unexpectedly for supper.

Options
2»

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Kill it with fire!!!! On the mini... stuffed with mash taters... and wrapped in bacon!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    I sure thought about skinning it real quick and throwing it on the mini just as a gag. You never know when PETA is watching though. It sure crossed my mind heavily.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    My egg attracts snakes too! :)

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,668
    Options
    The only good snake is a dead one!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    WEED BURNER!!!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

I agree with @NPHuskerFL. Let it roam or relocate it. I kinda got a thing for snakes as long as they don't threaten me.

To be clear and concise I neutralize poisonous snakes that are an imminent threat. Basically if it's in my yard. I have a family to protect. That's the bottom line.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Non poisonous....enjoy the woods and eliminate rodents, poisonous snakes, etc. They are always welcome.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @SJ21XDC‌
    That's amazing ain't it. This one was right under my egg!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    SGH said:
    @SJ21XDC‌ That's amazing ain't it. This one was right under my egg!
    Yep - I just wish they would hang out a little further from the house :)

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I dont mind snakes, all here are non venomous, but wife would want to move if that one showed up here :)) Seriously!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I don't know much about snakes, but wouldn't killing the non-venomous ones leave more food for the venomous ones to move in on?
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Here is a black snake hanging out in the River Birch right outside our reading room image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    That's one good thing about winter, no snakes. @sgh, I would broke my egg or my leg running from that thing. Definitely wouldn't of been able to stand there and take a pic.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    @stemc33‌
    I have a very deep fear of snakes myself. Luckily I had already taken my medicine when I encountered him. Had I not my heart may have quit.

Status- Standing by.

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Copperhead bite nearly killed my dads beagle couple weeks ago.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,810
    Options
    snakes in my yard go for a swim down stream.
    :)) ive only seen one rattlesnake in my life up here and put it in a tank, fish and game denied they existed at the time and yet they took my timber rattle. they now admit theres a small colony about ten miles from were i was living. been looking ever since
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    Snakes have never bothered me other than for the surprise factor. OTOH I found this big Wolf spider inside my small egg and that made me jerk my head!

• SGH
    Options
    @RRP‌
    I'm just the opposite. Spiders do not phase me at all for some reason. A snake however will cause me to hurt myself!

Status- Standing by.