Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

FINALLY - I found a great Low-Carb wrap!

NDGNDG Posts: 1,552
edited July 2014 in Weight Loss Forum
I have tried a million different kinds of LOW-CARB tortillas, wheat wraps, low-carb bread (even made my own once) and always disappointing.  

FINALLY found a great option.  These are very tasty with great texture, hold together well (even when stuffed full & microwaved) and stay for a long while in the fridge.  I get them at Whole Foods and I have tried 3 different flavors . . all good.  Also, at 5 net carbs per wrap it is very hard to beat.  

Scoop them if you can and let me know what you think!

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,674
    Might have to make a trip tp Whole Foods to try that. Thanks for sharing a low carb option, I'm sure there are quite a few others here that appreciate it as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NDGNDG Posts: 1,552
    @griffin . . no prob - I just hope others have similar taste as me b/c I really enjoy them at lunch.

@hapster . . pretty damn funny - I am picturing your "roast beef shell" wrapped around a creamy horseradish dressed romaine salad w/ red onions & blue cheese - maybe your on to something here?
    Columbus, Ohio
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,507
    @NDG and @hapster I have a bottom road I'm going to make deli roast beef with tonight, that sounds brilliant.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,020
    hapster said:
    Best low carb wrap is thinly sliced, rare, roast beef

;)
    one of my favorite sandwiches is cheese wrapped in salami, wrapped in beef, wrapped in ham
    :D gotta love the atkins diet
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 186
    Romaine or boston lettuce leaves make excellent wraps or tacos as well.  A little messy though. One warning about the flax seed, it's lots of roughage and it can really "clean" you out.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,552
    @mo_eggin   VERY true about flax . . just embrace the shitz - they will set you free.
    Columbus, Ohio
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,947
    @NDG‌ my wife is Latina. Giving up tortillas is like @henapple‌ giving up bacon =)) But, she did it. Low carb, healthy as well and actually tasted pretty dang good was a lettuce wrap. :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,360
    fishlessman said:  one of my favorite sandwiches is cheese wrapped in salami, wrapped in beef, wrapped in ham
    :D gotta love the atkins diet

As opposed to a Turducken, would that be a Cheesalamooink?  

(I've already copyrighted that, so don't even think about it!) 
    [-X

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,943
    Thanks. Will give that a try.
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 4,945
    I've been buying these for a few years at my local BJ's (it's like Costco or Sams Club but just on the east coast):

https://www.josephsbakery.com/shop/flax-oat-bran-whole-wheat-square-lavash.html

They're ok tasting and the same 50 calories and 5g net carbs per wrap.

The low carb wraps at my Costco (don't recall the brand) taste better but they are significantly higher in calories and carbs.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • I love a good wrap! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's