Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin cookout

Options
Another couple called yesterday and said they had a bacon wrapped beef tenderloin. They asked if they brought it over would I cook it. Without hesitation we made our plans. I cooked the loin whole raised direct until it reached 115* IT. I took it off the Egg and cut it into about 2" steaks and threw them back on at 600*. The bacon got nice and crispy and the steaks were out of this world. The veggies and the onions qere done on the egg as well. The onions were cut in half with the skin on then topped with butter, seasoning salt and some garlic powder. I put them on the egg face up and cooked raised direct. This is going to be my new way of doing onions from now on.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @shadowcaster‌
    That looks great to say the least my friend. Grilled onions and beef tenderloin is hard to beat.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    I'd hit that for sure.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    Options
    Thanks guys, it turned out great. I'm pretty sure that was the first time that I have done filet on the Egg

@Foghorn‌ I hit it twice....dinner and lunch :))
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.