Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remembering Mema

Options
matthethamm
matthethamm Posts: 51
edited April 2014 in Lamb
Leg of Lamb cooked by my Grandmother has been a Easter tradition for every Easter until she passed.  This year I took my Grandmothers Leg of Lamb recipe, to the Egg.  Grandma would have been proud!
Marinaded in red wine, garlic in slits all over the roast, and dusted with lavender.  Indirect at 350 dome.  Turned out great!
Matt Hamm
Eggin' in Alabama

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Looks fantastic and it's great that the recipe keeps going.  Also great that everyone will probably remember Mema every Easter when you make it.

Well Done!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Beautiful, simply beautiful. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Awesome! Feels great to carry on the family recipes and traditions! Great job, my mouth is watering!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Family recipes are awesome! Brings a little Nostalgia into the cooking experience. We are trying to achieve all family recipes for safe keeping. Nicely done @matthethamm‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The lamb looks incredible!! I bet Mema is looking down from above with a smile on her face my friend. Again looks good brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.