Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toby says "Get drunk and be somebody".....

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I heard lighter fluid will kill that curry smell.

I was out but had some diesel in the garage. Seems to be working.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Thank you for the brisket dude. Really appreciate that!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Thank you for the brisket dude. Really appreciate that!

Hope you cook it better than i did. Did you get It back ok? Should be good meat. It was user error.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Yes. I didn't declare it. No problem.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Brisket smuggler!

I missed the CT brisky this year. Next year...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Brisket smuggler! I missed the CT brisky this year. Next year...

It sucked. I sent him back with a whole uncooked packer from central market.
  • Little Steven
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Man I took a load of pork and stock and other stuff on the way down and I was 6 pounds overweight...$85.00. The bag felt just as heavy but I wasn't sure how much my strength had been depleted. 49.67 Lbs...no charge man...yesssss!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    Options
    Well at least we broke it in right for ya. Good to see that the curry egg went to a home where it would be appreciated.

That smoke is probably from the lamb grease that sloshed out a couple of times. I think that's how I lost my eyebrows, eyelashes, and some hair.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Congrats on the new LBGE! Way to seize the opportunity. :-bd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options

Do you think that your new  egg knows how much glory will be conducted on it ?
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Options
    henapple said:
    We closed shop around midnight....actually the wives did. Little Steven tucked his tail and scampered when Norma gave him the look of death.
    The big eyes is what the kids and I call them. You shoulda come. We were able to get Cali home in time for the 2:00 am feeding too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    @Little Steven  It was real good to to meet you and your wife!! The after party was a hoot, I haven't had a good laugh like that in a Good while!!! Great Time!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • caliking
    Options
    henapple said:
    We closed shop around midnight....actually the wives did. Little Steven tucked his tail and scampered when Norma gave him the look of death.
    The big eyes is what the kids and I call them. You shoulda come. We were able to get Cali home in time for the 2:00 am feeding too.
    I got the "big eyes" when we rolled home Sat night. I was physically there for the 2am feeding, but passed out for both feeds, both nights. I'm surprised that marriages survive eggfests. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I mistakenly called your wife your sister. She doesn't realize in tennessee that may be the same person.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:
    How's your leg?

What gets me our Dr was a baby butts and guts doctor. And I am standing there with a shattered leg. Just get me a PBR L-)
    I'm sorry man - I didn't know that you had hurt your leg. If I had, I would have given you my standard disclaimer:

"I'm only interested if it's connected to your anus".

So your knee and hip absolve me of any responsibility. But, I do hope that you are feeling better by now. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    And thanks for the surgical gloves pal!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Options

You're a sick puppy. Maybe you and Steve sneaking off was wrong m
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    henapple said:
    "I'm only interested if it's connected to your anus". You're a sick puppy. Maybe you and Steve sneaking off was wrong m
    LS had already keistered a brisket to smuggle back to Canuckistan.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Little Steven
    edited March 2014
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    henapple said:
    "I'm only interested if it's connected to your anus". You're a sick puppy. Maybe you and Steve sneaking off was wrong m
    And just where in the hell were you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

@Caliking, I'm amazed we never talked shop. It really would have been an EggFest to remember. Next year I'll bring IC valve pics.
  • henapple
    Options

YEMTrey said:

henapple said:

And just where in the hell were you?

Freaking hiding.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    henapple said:
    I got the "big eyes" when we rolled home Sat night. I was physically there for the 2am feeding, but passed out for both feeds, both nights. I'm surprised that marriages survive eggfests. 
    anyone have a couch I can crash on?  It's just for a few days. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

caliking said:

henapple said:

anyone have a couch I can crash on?  It's just for a few days. 

I got you buddy. I'm currently using the main couch though, can you fit on a love seat??
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man......was really hoping for the full couch. Anyone else? Please hurry, she's starting to change her mind :))

• caliking
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - funny you should mention that... i was elbow deep in a few this morning. 

It was great meeting you. Missed you at the afterparty. I got into @henapples beer and supplies, and he got into someone's bourbon. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just saw this again. Too funny. But the funniest thing is we went to NorCal last month for a week with a couple we met there! It was awesome. We spent the first 2 days trying to keep the filter on and then it turned out they were "normal like us". Great people. Sailed a 50 foot Cat under the golden gate, drank my weight in wine, drank 40oz Thai Beer (because it has more alcohol) in a dirty parking lot of her bothers winery after drinking his $200 cab out of a turkey baster and bought more wine than is socially acceptable (it's almost all gone already too- I'm a horrible collector).

Moral of story- go to a fest (preferably Salado) and get drunk and be somebody.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good story sir. Going to try and attend one myself someday. Brother Nola is sponsoring a clinic in mid September that I'm going to attend. Heard that you may be there as well. I hope that's the case.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I wonder how many horrible outcomes started with the phrase "Nola is sponsoring a clinic"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good point!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

Congrats on your new Egg, Cen-Tex.  It was great to see you again and get to meet Janell!  Your brisket and jalapeno grits were DELISH!!

:-O whoah! @The Cen-Tex Smoker‌ would you please share this recipe? That sounds crazy good! Brisket jalapenos and grits. Yum!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL