Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New to the family. Here is my table I made.

90.00 worth of cedar and 17 hours. And a lot of sawdust boogers. I can't wait to master the egg. Just wanted to say hi from south Florida

2 LBGE's, Mathews Z7 Extreme putting meat in my EGG, Lovin life in South FL

Comments

• Very nice work.  beautiful table.  The only item I noticed missing is the bottle opener.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• tcampbelltcampbell Posts: 646
    Nice very nice
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,316
    Welcome, nice table - with or without the opener! Enjoy your cooks. 

Paver is good idea, better idea is to introduce an air gap between the paver and egg bottom. Depending how you clean your egg, you may find the air gap lets the ash pan fit under the egg making it easier to rake out the ash. If you vacuum, not an issue. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • Welcome, nice table - with or without the opener! Enjoy your cooks. 

Paver is good idea, better idea is to introduce an air gap between the paver and egg bottom. Depending how you clean your egg, you may find the air gap lets the ash pan fit under the egg making it easier to rake out the ash. If you vacuum, not an issue. 
    What would you use to create the gap between the egg and paver?  
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • Will it get that hot causing a need to have a gap of air between the egg and paver?
    I'm working now but on way home I will stop and get a bottle opener and a new utensil set. I also want to put some hooks to hang the utensils and a towel rack on the side.

• What would you use to create the gap between the egg and paver?  
    Use a table nest.  I got one for my large and it was about $25.  Give about 2" air gap.  Really gives me peace of mind with a wooden table on a wooden deck.

• Just kiddin about the bottle opener, not about the table.  Wish I had those skills.  Welcome to the forum, alot of great info here.

• RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Nice table! Welcome

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,985
    Great job. Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,548
    Great table.  And +1 on the air gap for peace of mind.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,025
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure it would take me longer than 17hrs to build that. Looks very nice!

Welcome to the jungle!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,120
    Welcome and nice table.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 2,139

I like the table. Can't wait to get started on mine....maybe about March timeframe when it warms up !!!!

Welcome !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• HotchHotch Posts: 3,315
    Nice skills, and Welcome to the herd.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thanks for the warm welcome all.  I guess my girlfriend and I are doing salmon on Saturday.  I usually take pics so stay tuned.

• I would get a little air gap between the paver/marble  and the egg too.  I have 3 green ceramic wedges that you position in a triangle for my egg to sit on.  Got them from my green egg dealer.
  • I do like the egg centered. Wish I had made my table like that wth the egg centered. Now you just need some hooks so you can hang one or two things. I would not stick a bottle opener on it. When was the last time you had to use a bottle opener to open a beer? Most have a twist off cap so I doubt if you would get a lot of use out of it.
    Welcome to the club :)
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    There are still a lot of bottled beers that require a bottle open. Surprising as it sounds.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Looks great!
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Sawdust boogers! LOL!
  • Great table! I loved how the first comment was about having a bottle opener. That did cross my mind as well.
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 731
    Nice! We sure are seeing more and more centered tables.
    NW IOWA
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,571
    Beautiful work.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,176
    Welcome to the club, nice table!  
    Will it get that hot causing a need to have a gap of air between the egg and paver? 
    why the need for air gap? over the years I've seen some posts about wood charring beneath the paver w/o air gap, here's one:
    Pat was lucky, he caught it before disaster struck, photos from his post:

canuckland
  • Looks great. Can't wait to build one in the spring.
  • I just picked up a used large BGE for 250.00 with a plate setter. I might sell this table and build a dual set up. I forgot I left an ad on Craig's list about wanting one and he called. What a deal.

• Fantastic design and choice of materials.  May I ask what is the distance between the first and second levels?  I am in the process of building my table and comparing various designs to BGE's suggested measurement of 15 inches.  Many thanks.