Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Once the lights go out.

Options
Hungry Joe
Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
edited December 2013 in Off Topic

Ok, so you pull your Christmas lights out which were are working fine when you took them down last year (assuming you do take them down)  and check them to make sure they are still working before putting them up. For some reason after about two days you notice they are not all working, it really annoys you but you really hate having had to put them up in the first place, do you get them all working? Or do you ride it out until the season is over?

Now don't get me wrong, I love the Christmas season, but I really don't enjoy putting up lights in 20 degree weather only to have them fail for no apparent reason year after year.

Is it just me?

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    time to go LEDs. Buy a stretch each year and throw the old ones out.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I was just putting up some lights - Late this year.  I don't have the patience for bad lights anymore and just throw the old strings out.  Maybe I should check into the led's but do not know anything about them.
    Milton, GA.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yeah. I agree. This is the last year were doing to conventional lights unfortunately. I had to throw two strings out last year and three this year, before even putting them up. Now that their on the house, sections are going out at random. I'll definitely be hitting up the post Christmas sales for led lights. Now don't even get me started about those damn blow ups.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. I agree. This is the last year were doing to conventional lights unfortunately. I had to throw two strings out last year and three this year, before even putting them up. Now that their on the house, sections are going out at random. I'll definitely be hitting up the post Christmas sales for led lights. Now don't even get me started about those damn blow ups.

Don't tell me your blow up left you for another guy!! Bummer!! Who (what) will you spend Christmas with?

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    I was just putting up some lights - Late this year.  I don't have the patience for bad lights anymore and just throw the old strings out.  Maybe I should check into the led's but do not know anything about them.
    We are all LED, but when they fail they are gone for good. We have a number of single "bulbs" that just quit, you don't notice the outage when strung on a tree, but running down the eaves, it kinda jumps at you. Haven't found a way to repair a single LED lamp. The best thing about LED is the low power used, have as many as 10 100 bulb strings hooked together. 
    I hate putting them up, but once it's done SWMBO is happy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    We don't put up many, but I switched to LED a few years ago... Went cool white, hated it, they looked like BMW headlights(fine for the cars, not such a warm holiday feeling on the home)

Elise wanted to multicolored so I got them two years ago... Went back to the white this year, and trying warm white.. Still not happy, they are not quite as warm as I am looking for... Could be I need to get another brand?

They are so cheap to run; I just leave them on all the time... Probably less than $5 for the whole season.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Y'all take them down? :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    warwoman said:

Jeremiah said:

Don't tell me your blow up left you for another guy!! Bummer!! Who (what) will you spend Christmas with?

Lol. Nice.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.