Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange?

Options

Comments

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Is the $35 limit with shipping?
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Anyone can sign up.  The shipping may be a little higher if sending to out of the country but it shouldn't be exorbitant.

@Cookinbob unfortunately, you do have to use Elfster.  It's a way to keep everything fair.  It's actually a nice little system.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • dweebs0r
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @hondabbq The last time we did it, the limit was $20 or $25 and people went way over the top.  I figure $35 (not including shipping) was about right given the expense of BBQ rubs and sauces.
    I am open to suggestions.  If the majority think that is too high, we can drop it down.

I understand we all have families to buy for, this will just be a nice way to get a few BBQ themed items for your stockings.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Canadian here. I was actually hoping homemade would be ok, even preferred. I make a killer fermented hot sauce that I was going to send as well. But whatever is preferred. With on-line shopping, I'm not sure what there is that I can't get.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

Just did some checking. To ship about 10 lbs would cost me $30-40 to the US ( I did some random Zip codes)

Id be glad to ship some cold Canadian air to ya!!!!

• dweebs0r
    Options
    I have no problems with homemade sauces.

Guys, there are no real set in stone rules here.  Everything is up for debate.  If someone has a reason that homemade sauces shouldnt be included, they can post their opinions.

I want this to be the same as a "Secret Santa" deal that you might be doing with your co-workers.

The only difference is that we have to ship ours.
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    Yikes!  @hondabbq Maybe I can hook you up with another Canadian who wants to participate?
  • gmac
    Options
    I'm ok to spend extra on shipping just because I want to get what I can't get locally but I would also understand if others felt differently. Plus whoever I get may end up with home brew as well, in order to "get sauced". Don't drink, dump it, I won't be offended.
  • gmac
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @hondabbq. I come to the 'peg fairly often. Where can I get your stuff to bring back to Ontario? You can keep the cold air, we've got plenty already. Send me a PM if you want.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I'm good with all of it. Now just need to figure out the site. \:D/
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    I actually really like the Christmas in July thing with the last one. Loses it's flair if done to often.

KI think the more often the better. that being said, a couple times a year would be interesting. I think getting BBQ related items from a part of the country that I cant get them from is a great idea.

PS Is there any Canadians on board this ride?

There were quite a few last time. Not enough to take the fun out of it though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No worries @dweebs0r. I'm going to pass this time around...no need for rub and I'm in NYC this month.

I'll see yall in July though!! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @dweebs0r

I encourage US drawing Canada and vice versa as you definitely get stuff you likely are unable to get in your region. Which makes it really awesome. I paid about $70-80 for shipping, but that's because I sent (twice) my draw over a $100 in rub and sauce. If you dont crazy like me...it won't be that bad.

Skiddy and I actually excluded Canadians from other Canadians so the Canucks wouldn't get something that could be had in their backyard.

In regards to homemade rub...we went away for it for food safety issues. Put a vote out there and see what the Eggers say.

If you have any questions...Please let me know.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    I'm in!!! Sounds like fun.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Another Canadian who would like to join.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options

I actually really like the Christmas in July thing with the last one. Loses it's flair if done to often.

Well bah humbug to you too Mr. Cooking Scrooge!!!  ;)

Haha you caught me!!

Y'all have fun guys and good luck. I'm going to pass this time around.

XLBGE 
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    In!  Sound great!
    Edina, MN

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just signed up. Will Elfster notify us when we've been paired and can begin shopping??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Exactly  what does it  entail to be involved please explain  
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm in, but I don't want Little Steven. He lives near Toronto where respectable people fall victim to mysterious powders & stuff. It's kinda scary.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Is the $35 limit with shipping?
    You can ship a small empty cardboard box to the states for 35 bucks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dweebs0r
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just signed up. Will Elfster notify us when we've been paired and can begin shopping??
    Yes.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm kinda against the homemade stuff. I think we avoided those last round... While we all seem nice we really don't know each other. Sounds a little Debbie downer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    Ok guys, no homemade stuff for food safety concerns.  Seems like the majority feel this way.

• Little Steven
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'm kinda against the homemade stuff. I think we avoided those last round... While we all seem nice we really don't know each other. Sounds a little Debbie downer.

Oh you can trust me sweetness. ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dweebs0r
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Exactly  what does it  entail to be involved please explain  
    Its pretty easy.  Sign up for Elfster via the link provided.  Elfster will randomly assign you a person that you are going to purchase goodies for.  The goodies will be shipped to your person on or before December 16th.  Someone will also be assigned your name.  You can add things to your wishlist on Elfster to give your person hints on things that you want.  When people start getting their goodies, the pics can be shared on a thread we can make closer to time.  Should be lots of fun for all. 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    dweebs0r sounds like fum but I can't find the link for Elfster would you please post it for me 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    dweebs0r sounds like fum but I can't find the link for Elfster would you please post it for me 

$35 limit, ship the goods to your partner by the 16th of Dec.

http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/10959038/22855d/
  • gmac
    edited December 2013
    Options
    dweebs0r said:
    Ok guys, no homemade stuff for food safety concerns.  Seems like the majority feel this way.

Ok, too bad because my hot sauce is awesome and 99.9 percent safe-ish :)
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    I would participate.