Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My deck with built in outdoor kitchen, Pic heavy.

Options
124»

Comments

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    :)
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Nice finished outdoor kitchen. Did you win the lottery? I have dreams of something like that, but to many medical bills right now. Maybe some day. I am green with envy.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy

Thanks for more pics!  I got to see them before what looks like you ran out of bandwidth at photobucket.

I am in the process of laying out my backyard and drawing up plans for submission to get a deck permit.  Is there any chance you would mind me PM'ing you a few questions mostly in regard to how you built the kitchen structure and integrated it with the deck structure.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    No problem at all. And thanks for the heads up about my photobucket account I'll see what I can do there.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That is one of the most beautiful additions to gorgeous property, I have ever seen in my life.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • sinc86
    sinc86 Posts: 23
    Options
    MY GAWD MAN! AMAZING!!!!!!!
    Owner of:
    1 - Large BGE
    1 - Small BGE
    1 - Mini BGE

EggHead since 2014 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Fantastic addition with the new roof...I have to ask the question about smoke. Do you have a solution to that or is it not a problem..I apologise in advance if you have covered this question earlier.. Great cooking area..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Nice pictures. Thanks for posting. All you need is a hammock. 
    McKinney, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well if that just doesn't beat all!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Fantastic addition with the new roof...I have to ask the question about smoke. Do you have a solution to that or is it not a problem..I apologise in advance if you have covered this question earlier.. Great cooking area..
    The roof is about 10 foot over head so smoke has been no issue at all. I even have a wood fire pit i burn under it and that smoke isn't even an issue!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!! Property is coming along really nice. This is as of this morning. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    It's crazy seeing all those queen palms. Those bad boys didn't live a full month before we had freak freeze then snow for the first time I can remember since I was a kid.  These trees are all much more cold hardy.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have seen the pics many times. I have even been there cooking and eating on a few occasions. But I'm still blown away every time i see it. It goes without saying brother grim, the view is simply phenomenal. Enjoy it brother. And keep me in mind if you ever want to sale it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @SGH We need to get together and bake some bread! I'll prep some for us to bake off that day and then we will prep some that day for you to take home and bake off a day or two later.
  • Bbquru
    Bbquru Posts: 22
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy I have also looked at this post many times and am impressed. Good to have these posts as reference points to set goals on!  You truly have it made in the shade. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH We need to get together and bake some bread! I'll prep some for us to bake off that day and then we will prep some that day for you to take home and bake off a day or two later.
    I will be home either Thrusday night or mid day Friday. Any time is good with me buddy. Just let me know.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TnJed
    TnJed Posts: 118
    Options
    Awesome!

“All normal people love meat … You don’t win friends with salad.” - Homer Simpson
    http://griffinmotors.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/griffin_motors/ 
  • IPASooner
    IPASooner Posts: 208
    Options
    wow, just wow...amazing setup!
    LBGE

Marblehead, MA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    I hope I wind up in biloxi some day so I can someday show up uninvited.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    rtt121 said:
    I hope I wind up in biloxi some day so I can someday show up uninvited.
    If you ever find yourself in the area, the invitation is open!!
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Simply an amazing piece of property and what improvements you have made with it.  Very well done!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Nice work looks great.