Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First try at Reverse Sear Ribeyes (Pics)

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,228
Since reading how everybody is doing reverse sear I though I would try it tonight. I picked up a couple thick bone-in Ribeyes from Publix and a bag of spinach. Then stopped by Ace Hardware as I was out of lump I walked in and at first was very excited as they had a whole skid of Ozark Oak 10lb bags which I have never seen in Atlanta, my excitement was cut short when I asked how much per bag and she said $14.99 as my mouth dropped open she quickly said but this is the Lump they use in competition BBQ. Since I had never tried it I reluctantly bought one bag. Anyway back to the steaks, I got the Egg stabilized at 300 indirect put on the steaks and about 30 minutes later pulled them at 115 and let them rest. While the Egg was ramping up to 650 I sautéed the spinach with EVOO and garlic then seasoned the steaks with Cow Lick and Kosher salt then put the steaks on for 1 minute per side. These were cooked perfect and melted in your mouth my best steaks yet. 

IMG_1740.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1741.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
IMG_1742.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
IMG_1744.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1745.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014
Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments