Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another newbie

Seems like today must have been approval day!  I've been lurking here for the last week and my husband Joe and I just got our LBGE on Saturday.  So far I've made spatchcock chicken, steelhead trout, burgers and pig shots.  I'm in love.  I'm pretty sure my coworkers are tired of hearing about my egg so it's a good thing I was finally approved so I can start posting here about all my cooks.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of you skilled eggers!

Jen

Jen

Lakeville, MN

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Welcome aboard. Your camera broke?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Welcome and enjoy the cult.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Welcome Jen. Where are you guys? Glad to have you in the cult.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Welcome!

You know the rules ... no pics= didn't happen.

Just kidding. i just wanted to be the first to say it. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Welcome Jen. Pics or it didn't happen. Looking forward to some great cooks. Sounds like you have really embraced the Eggsperience.
    JenGang Posts: 91
    Mickey said:

We are in Minnesota.  Thank you for the welcome!

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Nicely done. You will fit in well here.
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Welcome Jen... looks like ya'll are off to a flying start!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks wonderful. May I suggest 3 split firebricks to start. Raising the grill is your friend ( from the pic you are not looking like you need any). The big difference is if you get distracted that extra height will matter.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Welcome aboard, cooks look good so far, keep them coming
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Welcome Jen. Great first cooks. I could not imagine what made folks so jazzed about there BGE. Well, here I am blathering away about how much I love this thing. Now that I found this forum I know what it must feel like for a Sasquatch to meet another of his kind ;-)

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    JenGang said:

Seems like today must have been approval day!  I've been lurking here for the last week and my husband Joe and I just got our LBGE on Saturday.  So far I've made spatchcock chicken, steelhead trout, burgers and pig shots.  I'm in love.  I'm pretty sure my coworkers are tired of hearing about my egg so it's a good thing I was finally approved so I can start posting here about all my cooks.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of you skilled eggers!

Jen

Welcome aboard.  My coworkers are tired of smelling the good leftovers when I don't bring any for them.  

Good choices for your first cooks.  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Welcome, always room for one more, specially one who can cook, nice job. 
    Like Mickey says, raise the grid for direct chickens, easier to control the IR. Also, the old table needs an air gap between egg bottom and paver, you will scorch your table.... or if you are CenTex, set it on fire. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Welcome aboard. Love steelhead. How'd you prepare it?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• freedog74
    freedog74 Posts: 63
    Welcome aboard Jen!
  • SeeingSpots
    SeeingSpots Posts: 151
    Looking good so far!  

Next time, you should do some burgers.  :)

Welcome!
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • finster
    finster Posts: 136
    HELLO!
    MBGE in Charleston

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Welcome, Jen, from Houston Texas.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• JenGang
    Welcome, always room for one more, specially one who can cook, nice job. 
    Like Mickey says, raise the grid for direct chickens, easier to control the IR. Also, the old table needs an air gap between egg bottom and paver, you will scorch your table.... or if you are CenTex, set it on fire. 
    OK, I was wondering about that.  We had bought bricks and when they delivered it, it came with the paver.  I guess we'll be running out to buy those bricks again this weekend.  LOL

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• SickEyeDiaz
    SickEyeDiaz Posts: 162
    JenGang said:
    Mickey said:

We are in Minnesota.  Thank you for the welcome!

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle! I'm from MN too and just got mine on Saturday. Small world!

• JenGang
    bodski said:
    Welcome aboard. Love steelhead. How'd you prepare it?
    I just seasoned it with some lemon pepper and dill.  Cooked it direct, raised at about 300°. 

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Welcome Jen and Gang.  Joining this forum was the best and worst thing I ever did!  Worst because I dive into things without looking where I'm gonna land - and in this case it's another obsessive hobby. Best because I'm eating like royalty. ;)  I am nola, and I'm an eggoholic.
    Welcome!
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • ambergirl
    ambergirl Posts: 8
    Another Minnesotan here too!  Just got my Large last month. 
    Woodbury, MN. Large BGE