Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WARNING

Options
13»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    @thetrim now that's a forum name I can stand behind.
    Don't you mean squat ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    TY, Sir
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    This was probably his plan all along to get you to give him a thermapen. Don't fall for it.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    yzzi said:
    This was probably his plan all along to get you to give him a thermapen. Don't fall for it.
    Maybe he wants it to take his temperature. You always need 2 for that(Front and back, if you know what I mean). Never share!
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    Maybe he wants it to take his temperature. You always need 2 for that(Front and back, if you know what I mean). Never share!
    Wow...I just....ah, nevermind.....

:-O

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Options
    It's been 2 days now. Hope you and the family are doing a whole lot better.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I won't eat pink ground unless I sous vide it first anymore. Just not worth it. that keeps me from eating most burgers because I hate gray hockey pucks. Still do them at home from time to time but ground beef is scary...even if you grind it yourself IMO. Unless you buy it in the tube, the grocery store grinds their own from the same whole chuck or sirloin that you buy to take home to grind. The stats are dire when it comes to contamination on ground beef in grocery stores and it all starts with the primal/sub primal that they (and in turn you) grind. Better at home for sure but if the outside is contaminated, the inside is contaminated when you grind it. And the outsides are all contaminated if you believe the numbers. It took me a good long while to come around to this but a few days like Travis had will open your eyes for sure.

That's a great point Cen-Tex.  I have been wondering if it is really safer to grind at home.  As you said, the problem is there may be contaminants on the outside of the meat.  If you are cooking a whole piece of meat you will cook off the baddies.  Anytime you grind, the outside gets mixed with the inside and you are mixing the baddies in the meat.  I think for me I'm just off of pink burgers no matter who grinds the meat. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    An Open Letter to Al-Qaida,

Please put your terrorism on hold for a few days.  Travis has the poopys.
    An alternate letter to Al Queida:  It is in your best interest to stand down and STFU for a few days. Travis has the poopys
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    bad stuff, hope you're feeling better now.  Thermopen for Father's Day??
    Exactly!
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    True dat..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

Perfect quote for here:

Whiners are getting on my nerves because of one idiots taking some communication public.

Wait! What would it take to make our whiner-in-chief happy? Is he looking for a freebie?

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts