Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tips for attempting smoked Gouda Grits

seadubseadub Posts: 20
Anyone have any ideas I might be missing?

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,689
    I am not sure I follow the question. Cook your grits and add shredded Gouda, stir to melt, and serve? I am from the south so no box grits either...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,868
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Just make sure you use the processed smoked gouda instead of the hard stuff. I know, processed sounds nasty but hard cheese will separate, curdle, and leave oliy spots oll over your gits. Boar's head makes the best smoked melting gouda that I know of.Had some this week for sandwiches and it was great. You could top it right at the end with hard gouda and broil it until golden brown (that's what we do but we make jalapeno cheaddar grits). We use soft cheese for the actual grits and primo cheese melted on top.

Good luck