Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The" new hot tub arrived today.....

The polyscience sous vide arrive 34 days early.  I didn't get real excited when I saw the package because I thought it was my order from Amazon a day early (new shoes and toasted marshmellow syrup for campfire martinis).  MDSH asked what was soooo heavy and WOW.  There it was.  Then I had to tell him what I bought.  Let the fun begin.

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Congrats!

Schweet
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    koooool (aid)!
    Go Granny Go!!!!
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    GrannyX4 said:

The polyscience sous vide arrive 34 days early.  I didn't get real excited when I saw the package because I thought it was my order from Amazon a day early (new shoes and toasted marshmellow syrup for campfire martinis).  MDSH asked what was soooo heavy and WOW.  There it was.  Then I had to tell him what I bought.  Let the fun begin.

What did you get darlin?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    I got the polyscience creative series sous vide kit.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Another convert to the dark side, look forward to your comments. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Congrats!!!  I'm currently working on trying to get one with Marriott points.  I can get Williams-Sonoma gift cards with points and they sell the Polyscience  unit.  I've requested the card, now I wait.  Now I need suggestions on vacuum sealers.  My old Food Saver is on its last leg.  Is it worth popping for a heavier duty sealer???
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • "Is it worth popping for a heavier duty sealer???"

Not for SV purposes. You can do it in a ziplock bag so there is no benefit to a "heavier duty"'sealer to cook SV.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I'm interested in the poly sci creative.  I still want to be able to finish (sear) with the egg instead of torch or skillet.  Can I still do that or is torch/skillet essentially replacing the egg sear?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You just want enough air out of the bag so it isn't a witch, I mean, doesn't float. 

@burr_baby33 - I use the egg for most of my searing after SV.  I've only used the torch a couple of times.
    I'm starting to keep a log book of time and temp., as there are so many variables. Two days ago I did boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I used my jaccard, then brined with Oakridge's brine mix for 1-1/2 hours. Sous Vide @ 147 for 2 hours, then seared. Super moist and tender, this is my magic number for breast from now on. I'm may keep experimenting with different temps., but I don't think I could get it any better.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    billyray said:
    I'm starting to keep a log book of time and temp., as there are so many variables. Two days ago I did boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I used my jaccard, then brined with Oakridge's brine mix for 1-1/2 hours. Sous Vide @ 147 for 2 hours, then seared. Super moist and tender, this is my magic number for breast from now on. I'm may keep experimenting with different temps., but I don't think I could get it any better.
    Do you like that brine? I have a 2-lb bag but I haven't used it yet. I usually go to my old standby of salt-sugar-water and right when I start to combine, I remember "dammit, I have this in the cabinet". 
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I like it alot. Just add water and some ice to chill quickly (1 cup of mix to 1/2 gallon of water). I've added some different herbs and aromatics for other meats when I remember to do it.