Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Where do you get your briquettes"

Options

I'm driving through San Leandro, Ca. and see a BGE sign in front of a shop.  Wow, I'll finally meet another egghead face to face.  Inside it's all pellet stoves and fireplaces with one large BGE gathering dust in a corner.

"You sell Big Green Eggs?" says me.

"Yeah, theyre OK." says the owner.

"I have a Large" I tell him.

"Where do you get your briquettes?" said BGE dealer asks.

"You use lump in them, not briquettes" I respond.

"Why?" asks the store owner.

"Too much ash, read the book" I advise

"Oh, maybe that's what was wrong" BGE dealer says and yells to his employee, "This guy says to use lump in the Big Green Egg."

With dealers like this BGE doesn't need enemies.

My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I have seen a few eggs on porches while driving and walking in Benicia, but I have never talked to anyone of the owners. 

I went to the local dealer and they had several items, and they seemed pretty knowledgeable.

Other than that I have yet to met a real life egger that I hadn't previously talked to on this forum, haha!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    We deliver quite a few Eggs up in that part of the Bay Area.  Eggers...they are out there.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

Baysidebob,

Sounds like you were at a BBQ Galore store. Whenever I go in one around here they're always like yeah we have them (BGE) but did you see our sale on the $18,000.00 gas island over here?

Tim in So Cal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    td66snrf said:

Baysidebob,

Sounds like you were at a BBQ Galore store. Whenever I go in one around here they're always like yeah we have them (BGE) but did you see our sale on the $18,000.00 gas island over here?

Tim in So Cal

So true. Considering they are owned by Grand hall (The largest gas grill manufacturer in China) I'm sure they are told to push gassers
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    When I bought my egg this past spring, I checked a number of dealers out. Some had some real knowledge, others were "out to lunch". Unfortunately not all BGE dealers share the same passion for the egg as many of us do. After talking to one dealer, SWMBO commented, it would seem that BGE will accept anyone as a dealer, $10 and a heartbeat and you are in. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145
    Options
    Bought my Egg from BBQ Galore in Santa Clarita, CA. There was a rep from BGE giving a demonstration that day, with the big inflatable BGE, that answered many questions. Now six months later do I have more knowledge about the Egg than the BBQ Galore staff? Absolutely. They still do the best job they can supporting the Egg. BBQ Galore has treated me right through the whole process, including getting a broken table.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145
    Options
    Should say - including remedying the fact I got a broken table.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Bayside, cut the dealer some slack.  After all you were in San Leandro.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tyrrionn
    Options
    The dealer in Russiaville, Indiana where I bought my Large completely knew what they were talking about.  I was quite impressed, being such a small town.  I tell every one I meet to go down and check out their eggs...