It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday
? Check out our Easter Menu
. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps
& Carrot Cupcakes
. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest
page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!
The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
I'm having trouble maintaining the correct temperature when smoking. This is the procedure I am using and, obviously, something is wrong with it:
- Get the BGE up to around 650ºF (turkey this time)
- Open the BGE
- Add wet wood chips
- Add the place setter, legs up.
- Place the turkey in a pan on top of the place setter
- Close the BGE.
- Leave the bottom vent open
- Shut the daisy wheel as far as possible to retain the smoke
- If necessary to keep the smoke from escaping, shut the vent a little.
- Try to keep it at least 225ºF during the smoking stage.
The problem is that the fire is choked and often takes forever to get back up while I try to keep the smoke going.
Do you have a better "recipe" for smoking? Mine stinks.