Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asian ABTs

Options
luper
luper Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Appetizers
I came up with a  ABT recipe with a asian flare. I use the sweet baby bells pepper. these are sweet not hot. So the kids love them. I use cream cheese mixed with some green onion and garlic. the I used little strips of chicken breast marinaded in teriyaki & ginger sauce over night. Fill the peppers with the cream cheese the put a piece of chicken with the pepper wrap in bacon. cooked for a hour indirect heat until bacon is done then glaze in a sweet Chile sauce. 

imageimage

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    I have to quit reading this stuff during the day...makes me hungry.  Looks great!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Excellent appy cook, great idea. 
    I have used the little sweet peppers, wife does not like the heat of jalapenos. Have a bottle of Thai sweet chilli sauce in the fridge, now I know what to do with it, Thanks
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This sounds great- thanks for sharing!  I too usually make a batch of the tri-color peppers when I make ABTs for the kiddos (and the sissified adults!). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    This sounds great- thanks for sharing!  I too usually make a batch of the tri-color peppers when I make ABTs for the kiddos (and the sissified adults!). 

Me too.  My wife abhors spicy.  Good thing she other qualities I admire. 
    ;)
    Flint, Michigan
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hmm...this really has me thinking. ABT's can be so much more, take a banana pepper with ham and pineapple..hawaii style... #inspired

Edit, I am not a douchebag....nor do I have a twitter account, just thought it was funny because I hate when people do that... LMAO

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ok, no more bourbon for me... :P

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."